Register now to get rid of these ads!

wouldn,t ya know

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouth1952, Apr 26, 2013.

1. S0 I was fighting with the pullys on the front of the motor and there not matching up correctly. My friend comes over and first thing he see,s the balancer is forward a little to much. so we get the tool and get that fixed then the upper pully wont match so we check and find out the remaned pump pressed the shaft to far back. god this is getting to be B.S.
    it gets better now the motor wont turn over I SET THE CONVERTER IN THE PUMP I KNOW I DID !!!!!!!!!!!! but it slid forward and is binding with the flex plate ! so I get to pull the motor again. some days suck more then others. LOL:eek:

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about just dropping the transmission instead?

3. Welcome to the real world!!-MIKE:D;)

4. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

If it was easy everyone would do it

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Instead of pulling the motor, maybe you can just loosen the bell housing bolts and separate the bell enough to spin the converter.

6. Welcome to poor man's hot rodding.

7. millersgarage

millersgarage

Just another day in the garage....

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always remember, it CAN get worse!

Good luck. hope it comes together soon for ya!

Doc.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just don't get too pissed off and start throwin' wrenches...lol. I always seem to damage stuff if I do that...the garage window, the radio, paint, windshield, the cat, myself....lol.

10. Damn Bob!!!! Getting in a little bit of a hurry???? Lol

Are you coming down to Dairy Queen tonight???

11. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

At least you can be proud you built it yourself.

12. Somedays you are the bug...other times you are the windshield

13. belair

belair

It has only begun...

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

aint that the truth! i learned that with my build.... relax, walk away, come back in a day or two and it will be enjoyable to tear it back apart! :rolleyes:

15. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

When I get into a situation like that I let the frustration motivate me. I work hard to make things right. Then when all is well I step back at point at the son of a bitch and say "See, I won, I always win!" :)

16. outlaw256

outlaw256

ME TOO! thats why i had to fix bullet holes in the last one!!

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Usually easier than that. Put a pair of long bolts in the bottom two bellhousing bolt holes so you can slide the trans back a couple of inches to get the converter oriented and then slide the trans right back up to the block so you can put the rest of the bellhousing bolts back in before putting the correct bolts back in the bottom two holes. That's if you didn't break the front pump already.

18. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

Happened to me just a few months ago and I busted the pump. Hopefully you didn't here a big pop when you matted the two together. You can also get shims for the water pump pulley. I had a cheap chrome speedway pulley that was rubbing on the water pump because it was slightly oblonged. I painted a oem one and it was fine. I would pull the trans and check to see if the pump was damaged, it could save you a headache later. I bought my hot rod as a "running vehicle" that needed minor work. It has been in the garage for a year since I got it and have put 7 miles on it. With that being said I have taken more than a few breathers from it. Put the cover on it for a couple weeks until I'm ready to start wrenching. If your not enjoying it, don't do it.

19. with the clip off its as easy to pull the motor. so i got it out and the front pump looks ok. so a little touch up paint and back in. when this ones running i think i will start on the 1918 olds on A rails its new ground for me.