Register now to get rid of these ads!

Summertime is almost here... How's your list?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. My Wife and I are in the early stages of buying a house...with no garage. So, instead of getting ready for summer and enjoying the car season, I'll probably be putting a building up! At least the roadster is ready to go...

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Actually crossed my big one off the list last night: Stabbed my new Pertronix-equipped distributor in the '61. I may yet swap in my rebuilt carb, but it's running so nice for now, I hate to mess with it.

That reminds me, though: I do need an oil change.

4. i just put my snowblower away and got the lawn mower out

5. Already underway. Drove to Kansas for the Midwest HAMB BBQ, left in a ground blizzard then got snowed in for a couple days when we got home! Looks like 70s this weekend ;)

6. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

TMan...it snowed here right after you left!! That shit follows you around!! Finally the sun is out and I think that we may finally be headed toward warmer weather.

I've got to do some brake work to the roadster and slap on the high compression head and mount up the Whippet radiator and grille shell. Other than that, I think I'm good to go for the season. I may start working on a top and tonneau cover for it but that can wait til Fall.

7. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It's just warming up here so I haven't even begun working on my galaxie yet. I've got a kanters rebuild kit for my front end to install, and if we can afford it (in the middle of redoing our water damaged basement) a new radiator and a fan shroud to help keep cool. I fought the car all year last year and honestly Im not in love with it anymore so I may try to sell it at back to the fifties and move on to something else.

8. And to think we had no snow all winter!? Serves me right for living next to a desert.

9. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

found a Inglese Weber induction system for the TR3 but it required that I drop the engine 2" lower in the chassis which required a new set of headers which required new motor mounts which required a remote oil filter...... Should get the exhaust done this weekend but am waiting for carb kits for the IDAs. All that just to get the hood closed without cutting a hole in it.

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

let's see, just gonna change the oil and do a once over on the 36, got a small tranny leak in the pickup, also needs an oil change and once over, and just 1 more qtr panel to wet sand on the 61 caddy before she gets a brand new shiny coat of paint. everything but the grill is back from the plater, have the pinstriper lined up, so she should be ready to roll by the silvercity shakedown june 8th. i hope.

11. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Didn't get to much of the "list" I had planned for the girl this winter. Got wrapped up working on an old Laclede Gas step van we are converting to a Troop truck for my son's Boy Scout troop. Lots of work done on that though so I feel the winter was productive. That goes out on it's first official campout next weekend.

12. 61falcon

61falcon

My to do list looks like this:

1. stop making list's
    2. see #1

13. robertsregal

robertsregal

Sounds as though nice temps for the weekend 70's ? hoping to install rear bumper on the 57 and tackle exhaust?

14. I already put new wheels and tires on my 57 f100, lowered it and pulled the head for a valve job. Waiting for my yard to dry out so I can do site work for a new shop.

15. cosmic12

cosmic12

The list is alot longer than I hoped it would be at this time. Plan was to make it to the Syr. Nats in July but it doesn't look like it now. One more long cold winter for me.

16. Brandi

Brandi

Body and frame are both sandblasted. Motors done. Time for paint and and assembly. Ya know, by the end of June... :rolleyes:

17. lowerod

lowerod

Well winter is on its way down hear so its time to stock up the fire wood and get out the jumpers.A month ago i bought a 1957 chev pickup so alot of cruising in that to be done..:cool:

18. Finished the '59 f-100 this winter so my son could drive it to his prom, I'll be installing siding on the love shack this summer and driving the wheels of the "old truck"

Fenderless

19. starliner62

starliner62

I gotta get 3 cars done for other folks, then I can attack mine!!

20. My list is so long that I will probably be working on cars this summer more than driving them.

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Getting my frame done and under my car, get the bottom of the car painted, and drop the motor and trans in and drive the $hit out of it and do burnouts.

22. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

What with us moving last month, its been hard to justify working on the cars when we're living out of boxes. The garage is looking more and more sound every day though, and we plan on using the A for our wedding-mobile this summer, so I should be able to start hammering things off the list...

...engine, body, paint, interior. You know, small things.

23. Scott F.

Scott F.

Oh boy, my list just keeps growing. I bought the 54 knowing it needed cloor pans so i ordered them and cut out the rusty ones. Just before hibernation i had trouble getting into third gear so i put that on the list. Fitting my driver floor pan and looking at the sad ol single master cylinder i decided to upgrade so out came the master and all the lines and hoses. Needless to say i have to mount new master and run all new lines, thenfix tranny (shift fork i think) then i can weld in the new floor. Guess shaving and frenching will have to come later in the summer cuz i work slow.

24. 4b316

4b316
    from ny

Got the 454 back together for my 71 chevelle but not going to have time to get it in maybe next winter.Also got most of the parts to get the 46 dodge pickup together,maybe next winter.Right now ITS TIME TO GO RACING!!!!!Will be at the oval track every Sat nite,going for a 3 in a row championship.Maybe retire from racing this year,60 years old,stents put in, ablation last year,feel pretty good now so maybe not.

25. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I'm going to rip my truck apart and start over. Body off the frame, engine out, break down the frame, and start fresh.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Snow is disappearing, driveway is drying up, maybe next week I can go for a cruise.

27. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Drive the shit out of it.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, you guys are all getting ready for the season, we are all just winding down from ours! They were predicting our first 100 degree day this week but that looks like it isn't going to happen. There is always next week though. Almost all of the big events are done for the season and soon it will just be cruise nights. By July it will be over 100 all the time, and for most that means being inside and comfortable in the A/C. I guess I'll still be out in the shop as much as possible working as much as possible, but then again that's what people pay me to do.

29. flamingokid

flamingokid

Get out the buffer and detailing supplies.

30. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Rewiring my Edsel. it tried to burn down on me awhile back, so its time. Gonna put discs on the front to with Granada Spindels