Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1930 A Coupe Build Hot Rod Archeology

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jeff, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

Let me start out by saying that I’ve been building flathead Ford motors for customers for about 7 years now, yet aside from my 8N tractor I’ve never owned anything flathead powered. I started collecting parts to build a pre-war flathead powered rod but never got past the collecting parts stage. Right before Christmas I bought 51 Ford Tudor sedan. It wasn’t my first choice but it was cheap and straight. A good friend of mine offered me this in trade for my 51. I really wanted a Tudor sedan but I couldn’t turn a coupe down. I’ve collected the following most of which were salvaged from previous vintage builds.
    1. 1940 Ford Colombia 2 speed rear axle. Came out of a Model A set up for spring over with shortened driveline and wishbones
    2. Dropped 32 Heavy B axle, split 32 wishbones, 1948 square backed spindles that have had custom steering arms welded on and a 32 drag link arm installed.
    I’ve got lots of flathead motors and parts, At Turlock swap meet I scored a 39 top loader box with 3” fork. I’m still looking for another frame to start the build, the one under the car has a nasty repair done to the front horns and the front crossmember is tweeked. My plans are to build a period correct late 50’s full fendered, unchopped car.

Attached Files:

2. Sounds like a good plan,,nice looking coupe. HRP

3. 46Chief

46Chief

If you build cars half as nice as you build motors, this ones going to be great! Subscribed....

4. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Sounds like a great idea for a build! Look forward to what's next...