Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from CA...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by calipag, Apr 22, 2013.

1. calipag

calipag
    from California

I'm Matt from Corona California. I was recently fortunate, I think to purchase a 1954 Ford Country Sedan from a friends father's estate. I have previously owned other classics and Hot Rods but never a wagon. I am lucky enough to still own my first car and a car I don't think I'll ever get rid of, a Fathom green 1969 RS Camaro. The 1954 Ford kind of fell in my lap, as I said my friend father passed away about a year ago and I knew he had the wagon but they wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons, but after a year they let me look at it and consider buying it. Now, I don't know much about these and you don't see many of them for sale, so I'm not sure how I did. It is all original, has the 8 cylinder with the 3 speed and overdrive, the extra seats for the very back making it a 9 passenger, its a gray/blue color, all the stainless trim and chrome is in excellent condition. Always garaged with an original 77,000 miles on it, spare, am radio, interior shows some wear on the rear seats but the door panels and all the glass is perfect. This is a true time capsule. I told my friend and his sister I didn't have the money that this car deserved and that I could help them find someone to purchase it for what it was worth. I'm not 100% sure what it is worth even now but they told me I can have it for $1000.00! I feel like I got a GREAT deal, but again I don't know wagons but for such an original vehicle, after running it by the wife, I bought it. I am such a newbie, I have no idea how the overdrive works, or what I should be looking for, as far a sought out options. They have all the documentation for the car, he was the 3rd owner and I'll be the 4th. I want to thank you all a head of time for what I'm sure will be a ton of questions. I just did this today, so when I pick it up I'll be sure to snap a lot of pics. Thanks for listening to my rant....I'm a bit excited! Hopefully I should be! My son is 13 and he can't wait to get the wagon home. Now that I read through the board, this maybe a misplaced post. Love the board regardless.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. lunchboxscuff

lunchboxscuff
    from Ojai,ca

Welcome buddy! Love to see pics of the wagon. Sounds like a great deal!

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome from South Korea! I grew up next door in Riverside, Welcome to the HAMB.;)

4. rydetyme

rydetyme

Sounds like a great car
    Looking forward to seeing Pics
    Welcome from another newbie from Canada

5. calipag

calipag
    from California

Thanks everyone. Picking it up this weekend and pics will follow. Still trying to figure out where to go for parts for this? Any help would be great! Thanks again.

6. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Welcome from MD.

7. Welcome from CT!

8. calipag

calipag
    from California

A little delay in getting the old wagon. So pic will be this weekend! Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2013