Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Oldsmobile Fiesta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HighSpeed LowDrag, Apr 17, 2013.

1. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Same color for sure. They spent another day trying to get the exact color match before the car gets disassembled and sent to the stripers. On a side note the "Teal" is a metallic. I don't know but I assume this is going to be another ISCA or Concours show car so everything will have to be just right. Should be interesting.

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

3. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

yea - that's what they (Local PPG distributor) mixed up but it wasn't quite right.

Close but no cigar. Apparrantly the products that were used back then aren't available anymore and as such, we are doing spray out cards to find the exact color match. This is probably a no expense spared poject so if it takes 20 tries to get the right color, than so be it.

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

That's always a problem because the paint then isn't the same as today's paint so the match won't be exact. But that OG paint is nitroglycerin lacquer. I think Bill Hirsch sells it.

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I thought they were hot stuff when they were new, and the Fiesta hub caps certainly changed the world for a little while. Today I think that the long tail/continental kit/flush skirts look very dated, so my enthusiasm for them has cooled. Now I like the '53 Skylark much better.

Are you absolutely certain that it really is a genuine Fiesta? In your pictures, it doesn't appear to have the cut-down door tops that were a feature of all three: Eldorado, Skylark, & Fiesta.

6. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

And I would give his right nut for one:cool:

7. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Quite sure. Pictures don't always show everything but the doors are cut-down.

8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

hows this resto doing