Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 f100 need help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66juiced, Apr 18, 2013.

1. 66juiced

66juiced
    from Austin tx

Haven't posted in awhile good to be back . Here goes I recently put a speedway 12 circuit harness in the truck , got everything wired up and when I start the truck it fires up great the only problem I'm having is the dam thing stays running after I "shut it off " and take the key out . The only way I can get it to shut off is pull the coil wire .. Kinda pissing me off I've had hell wiring this thing and this seems to be the last problem I'm having .. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated ...

2. scrubba

scrubba

The only problem I see so far is the fact that the "Run " cycle isn't being run through the ignition switch. Without the "Run not being switched , you have no way other than disconnecting the coil , which you did . Make sure the "Run "" wire is switched .

scrubba

3. 66juiced

66juiced
    from Austin tx

Not sure which wire would b the " run" wire .

4. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

5. ugotpk

ugotpk

My guess without seeing just what you did is : You hooked up to your Ignition switch wrong.

6. I did this to myself years ago. Have a look at the excitation wire to your alternator. If it hasn't got a diode or some other switch in that wire you'll get feedback into the charge ignition circuit regardless of ignition switch position. At least that's what my problem was. Good luck! There's no such thing as a mystery.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

7. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! Lay odds it's the ammeter, when I "late-modeled" my '63 Chevy, it had the same problem in that the motor wouldn't shut off. Try disconecting the ammeter leads and see if that fixes the problem.

8. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

If you are running the early internal reg delco alt, if the two small wires are reversed, it will do this. Have run into this a few times when using these alternators. Hope this helps.