Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowering my 50 Ford shoebox business coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dogman1, Apr 4, 2013.

1. dogman1

dogman1

I am planning to lower my 50 shoebox. I have the Ford aerostar van springs for the front that are suppose to lower 3.5 ". Is this correct??? and also does any one know what size blocks are best for the rear.... 3 or 3.5... I am wanting the car to have same stance in the rear and front.???? THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!

2. tedster

tedster

More like 2.5 to 3 maybe for the aerostar springs.

3. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Install the front springs then check the rear. With springs you never really know how much you're going to get until they're in. Then simply measure how much you want at the rear and use that size block. With blocks what you see is what you get.

4. I'm lowering our 49 with the 1" dropped lower spring plate. Don't know how much it will drop but we will see. Plan on using 2.5" blocks in the back. May cut a front coil or use aerostar springs if we need it lower????

5. Johnnyx5150

Johnnyx5150

For the Aerostar springs what year van are they off of? Planning on using some on my 50, thanks

6. Shoprag

Shoprag

7. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Shop rag can you please contact me . I can't get photo sent to your phone for some reason.
    Thanks