Register now to get rid of these ads!

WANTED: Please Help me locate this 1948 C/Gas Anglia originally from PA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Hey Guys,
    Hope all is well with you and your families! I am trying very hard to help a close friend locate his old 1948 Anglia B/Gas race car originally out of Sellersville, Pennsylvania. known as the "Moody Blue" Back in the day he ran his home track at Vargo Dragway located in Perkasie, PA. as well as Atco, Island and Maple Grove Dragways! The '63 Corvette silver / blue with metal flake added, painted Anglia ran a radical 221C.I. and a 260C.I. small block Ford, '64 Ford Borg Warner Iron case T-10 4 speed trans. backed up by a '57 Ford station wagon 9" Ford rear with a 488 gear! The car was Sold (Less motor) in the early 70's ...I believe it was '71-'72 and went to a new home in Troy, New York! ***Any Help and or Leads would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Sincerely, John

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. BTTT....NOTE: A very distinctive homemade rear bumper and wheelie bar out back as well as Yellow-orange tinted lexan racing glass! Hope this ol' race car is still out there somewhere. So, please check with your Anglia drag car and street rod friends! Thank you in advance for your time and effort, guys! Sincerely, John :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  3. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

just did the math on that crazy Anglia...B/gas weight break for 1965 rules is 7 to 8.99lbs per cube. that car could have been as light as 1547 lbs with the 221!

i wish your friend good luck in finding the car!

4. Thank you Zig Zag! I appreciate your well wishes! :)

***HELP! Attention Anglia owners, please spread the word for me...Hope to get some positive leads soon! :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013

5. btt for the Anglia search.:)

6. BTTT...Still Looking!***HELP! Attention Anglia owners, please spread the word for me on this beautiful old race car!...Hope to get some positive leads soon! :) Sincerely, John

7. pnevells

pnevells

That was Lou Fabians car, i saw it run many times, I thought it used to be parked at the gas station on 202 at bristol road in Chalfont,although station has been closed for many years

8. BTTT...Still Looking!***HELP! Attention Anglia owners, please spread the word for me on this beautiful old race car!...Yes...Paul,This is Lou's old Anglia! Hope to get some positive leads soon! :) Sincerely, John

9. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I will gladly give you a bump to the top. Seems like a trend lately on the HAMB with guys full of regret for selling race cars.

You will find it I am sure.

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

11. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the car went to Troy NY for sure, then this won't help. Back about 1974-1975, there was a very similar one sitting 4sale in Lancaster Pa . It was right accross from the train station. It had a built 6 cyl. in it. Not a lot more details, been awhile ! Had the same stance to it, no inner fenderwells ,unchopped top & strip ready. Good luck with your search.

12. Thank you, Bowie for the possible Lancaster, PA connection? I will follow up with my PA Hamb people...Hope somebody in the Lancaster/York area has an old mid 70's photo and or some positive identification on the Anglia! :) Sincerely, John

13. BTTT...Thanks guy's for all leads to date! I am currently Still Looking!***HELP! Attention Anglia owners, please spread the word for me on this beautiful old race car!...Hope to get some positive leads soon! :) Sincerely, John

14. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

15. I had to do just the opposite when I got my car. I had it for 15 years before I found the history - so don't give up hope!

16. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Give gasserhotrods.com a try.

gasserhotrods.com