Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1923 Model T bucket with some Ford four banger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snakecbaker, Apr 12, 2013.

1. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

Does anyone have information on this t bucket. Found it on www.waywardgarage.com. It has become my inspiration to begin my t bucket build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. upspirate

upspirate

Haven't seen that car before, but looks like a 2.3 Ford out of a Pinto or Mustang II

I had one built up some in my Model A

3. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

I was hoping to find some more information on this t bucket. It is my favorite and was the main reason I am building my t bucket. Any help would be appreciated.

4. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

The engine looks like the Ford "Lima" four, from a Pinto or Mustang. Dash looks like it came from California Custom Roadsters, but the body may be from a different source. The guys over at www.tbucketeers.com may be able to help.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

What is it your wanting to know? I and others can probably get you pretty close just by looking at the car. That dash by the way is a pretty common aftermarket dash that closely approximates the dash in Tommy Ivo's bucket.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know anything about it but it looks about as straightforward and simple as you can get on a T. The only unnecessary fru fru is the drawer pulls in the grill that look to be an afterthought.

Glass body, tube frame, Model A front axle and bones and I'm not sure what rear axle but and 8 inch Ford out of a Grenada would work well.

These guys have a similar dash but their body is 8 inches longer and looses the look that the T you showed has. http://www.classglassperformance.com/23 T.html

Short body length, http://www.scottrodscustom.com/23tbucket.html

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice little car. I've seen many many Ts built with this driveline choice and talked to owners. They all loved the car for its simplicity and pure fun quotient. Oddly mone of them were the builders of their cars, they all had bought them from the builder who I guess was disappointed in their ride as the prices paid were always minimal comapred to V8 powered buckets.

8. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

I was hoping the owner might be on here or find some more photos of this beautiful t bucket. Here is the information I know about the t. Its a fiberglass body with a ford 2.3 and the license plate is California.

9. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

does anyone know what is under the dash my best guess is an ecu

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Looks like a wiring panel of some sort. The ignition control modual would also mount down there. The car looks to be about a 96"-98" wheelbase with either a 6" or 7" kick in the back, "T" rear spring mounted in front of the axle with what looks to be something similar to So-Cal or Pete and Jakes spring mounts. As Mr 48 said, the front end is all Model "A" for with '39 - '48 hydraulic brakes.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, '23-'25 "T" gas tank that is available repro... Early style windshield too.

12. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

thanks for all the information everyone

13. upspirate

upspirate

Stock Ford electronic ignition that I had in mine had a finned aluminum module about 4" sqaure...Duraspark I think it said on it....maybe mounted under the dash

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am thinking about building a full fendered T with one of those motors and a 5 speed for a gas mileage hotrod.

15. upspirate

upspirate

They can be built up to perform well.

Mine was in a full fendered 29 roadster with bumpers, etc (Shay replica,but it was my first "rod"and I had it for 4 1/2 years, 60K miles, everyday driver,tow vehicle and drag raced it)

I had the head milled .060,solid lifter cam from Racer Walsh,Esslinger adj cam sprocket,headers,Holly 350 CFM carb,4 spd,and with a 3:08 rear,got beat by a 409,4 spd '62 Impala by 1/2 car length in 1/8 mile nostalgia drags.....I didn't think that was too bad!!

Later changed to a 3:43 rear, and that let my engine mods work better

The 2.3 can be fun!!!

16. tom brown

tom brown

all the info is on target-I have two 27 t' with the 2.3 engine mustang or ranger- light wt. and fast. elc.ford ign. I have an extra 2.3 short block and long block, new- closed dealer stock. also one with c-4 automatic-low miles. they need manifold, carb.etc. $250-350. south of Pittsburgh. thank you tom 724-941-7143

17. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Tom, shouldn't that go in the classifieds?

18. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

It does have a tag on it..... If your serious search the Cali dmv....

19. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I've thought of building something like that for a commuter that's fun, but where I live it's never warm enough to drive an open car without a jacket (ever!) and it rains half the year. Now if I could do that enclosed somehow.....

Devin

20. Hefty Lefty

Hefty Lefty

A long and noble racing and buggy history on these. I'd put a guard on the timing belt because if it comes off due to debris, idiot hands, etc. the pistons meet valves. Huge number of variations on these.

21. If I had to bet money, Id bet its an old Total Performance body and frame. The dash is typically called the "tunnel dash".