Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Grandpa's Hotrod- The Book.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Great book from a great person. My kids love it and we read it often.

Dan

2. We ran across Jay and his book while we were checking out the vendors at LSRU this past w/end.

Jay you are truly talented and it shows in the illustrations and your story. Good luck and if we make it up to KS, we will for sure look you up!

Attached Files:

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Thank you to everyone that bought books at the Lonestar Roundup. We had a blast!!!

[​IMG]

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

It was the first book I bought for my Grandson for Christmas even if he is too young for bedtime stories. Bob

5. mustangsix

mustangsix

Thanks Jay!

Just received my copy just in time for my granddaughter's birthday this Saturday! I'm going to drive the roadster to her party!

6. Jay,
    Just got my copy I bought for my 16 month old granddaughter. She loves the illustrations and the story. Great book!
    Tom

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Very cool book. We have the same sort of deal with my daughter, when she outgrew her crib, we just left it set up beside the bed, now its full of books. Every night I tell her to pick out a couple books, and she dives in there and digs around till she finds what she wants.

8. HotRodAV8

HotRodAV8
    from Seattle Wa

very neat book, fastest shipping on the web. Thanks

9. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

10. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I`m Impressed...I havn`t even seen the book yet!!!

Good job, Jay!!!

Tom T

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sounds like a must have,just because

12. NoSurf

NoSurf

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

$35 well spent and this is coming from a massive tight ass. I bought a copy at the BBQ and as soon as I was home and awake I had to read it. Such a great work Jay, I couldn't help but picture this all happening at your farm

14. I want a copy! I will p.m. you when I get of work!

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

New banner!!!

[​IMG]

Thanks Jess!!!

16. I got one off you at the LSR Jay,Good to meet you,Mike and the Quiet one and get a great book.
    We can wait for Grandkids but the book will be ready.
    You have one in Perth now!

Chris

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

Thank you Chris! It was great meeting you.

-Jay

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

Shipped a bunch out this week. About 35 left of this batch.

19. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got mine this week and I'm very pleased. My only grand child is only a couple of weeks old. I'm impressed with the knowledge that he can garner from this book. By the time he's able to read it himself I'll be pushing up daises. Ill never be able to pass on my passion personally. Maybe this book will spark enough interest for him to google the HAMB:D

20. looking to order

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

Sending 20 books to the L.A. Roadster Show with Mike "barnfindt" at the Hotrod Hillclimb booth.

Save some shipping and pick up a book.

Spread the word.

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Just wanted to thank everyone again that has bought a book so far.

I will have a booth set up at the Leadsled Spectacular KKOA show in Salina this weekend and will be selling and signing books. The weather looks perfect; sunny and 85*.

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

I am going to get these posters made up and put them in the back windows of the wagon:

[​IMG]

24. NoSurf

NoSurf

Thank you to all that bought books at the Leadsled Show this last weekend!!!

[​IMG]

25. NoSurf

NoSurf

Just wanted to let HAMB-Land know I will have a booth set up at the HAMB Drags and I will have the last books from the 2nd printing. Stop by and say "Hi", buy a book and save on shipping. I should be right next to the HAMB Drags Auction booth.

Greezy is picking up his 2 copies, and I am setting one aside for DW and Laura too.

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

Sold out of the first 200 copies. I ordered some more and those are printed and on the way to the bindery. They will be ready to ship out in a couple weeks.

I am hopeful I can get Ryan to do a book review on the Jalopy Journal page...

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

NoSurf how in the hell did I miss this! I absolutely positively need one before Christmas for my 6 yr old grandson who loves cars. Sending you a pm pronto!

28. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Petejoe,

if you can't get one in time for Christmas due to the sell-out and not yet reprinted, PM me and I'll let you have mine until you can replace it. I don't have kids or grandkids yet so I'm in no rush.

29. NoSurf

NoSurf

I have one earmarked, so he should be fine.

Thank you both!

30. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

This a great present for anybody's kids or grandkids. I bought two copies and gave them to my daughter's children and my son's children.
    I have read them to all of them several times now and they never fail to enjoy it.
    My first grandson, Ethan, who spent his first 3 months of life in the hospital and had 2 open heart surgeries and a stint on a heart-lung machine as well, loved the book, especially when it ended up at church. He has a real personal relationship with the Son!
    The hardest part to read and explain to the munchkins is the center spread of parts! But if they retain it and my love of old cars maybe they'll be able to use up all the junk I have in the garage.
    A true bargain for the price!