Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 BUICK disk/drum conversion HARD pedal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1961bonneville, Apr 11, 2013.

1. 1961bonneville

1961bonneville
    from Florida

Hello, I have a problem and have gotten some ideas on this problem but nothing seems to work for me. I saw a post on here from last year but did not get the full information about hard brake pedal and hard to stop 57 Buick converted to disk/drum setup with power. I have been working on my father's 57 and have this issue and can't seem to figure out what I need to do. Car was originally power brakes car from factory and continues to use the original brake pedal assembly. In the posts from two member last years they mention that a change is needed to acquire the correct pedal ratio so that it feels less hard. Does anyone have any pictures of a brake brake pedal assembly that has been modified or change and what did they use or what was done to correct this problem. I appreciate all the help any one can give me to fix this and get my father back on the road with his pride and joy (in the automotive area that is).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. welcome, this is for introductions
    post questions on main board

3. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

^^^what he said.. Welcome to the HAMB

4. Stupid question, but you didn't mix up the front and rear brakes, did you. Often the front goes to the back, and the back to the front.

5. Did the same to my 57 Buick , !!" booster and drum - disk master . When I got finished HARD PEDAL ! Found out the small port for the buick vacume line was to small . So check your vacume. Put your foot on brake pedal before you start car , when you start it the pedl should fall , if not you have no suction . I ended up putting in pump as the cam is not a big help that I have in car. Try and let us know . Welcome !