Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Banger Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gemcityrenegade, Oct 19, 2012.

1. n847

n847

Cool looking roadster...Dig the banger looking foreward to seeing it around Dayton!

2. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

3. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like your Roadster and it looks like it has straps hanging for a a hood?

I think that you will find the dripping is fuel pressure too high or a float setting (too high) as you are thinking already. Being that there is only one flooding it is probably the float setting or that is where I got to in my thought process for what its worth.
    I've been fighting the float level on a single 81 set up on an A engine that I have. The final float adjustment can be performed with the top of the carb off and the engine running. The engine can be hard to start with the top off and I've been able to take the top off the carb with the engine idling. The float can be adjusted, lowering the fuel level a little at a time until it just quits dripping in the venturi. Don't get it too low or it will run out of gas under load.
    Good luck and have fun and all the safety stuff working around gasoline and hot parts, rotating equipment and the like.
    LJ