Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Scumdog

Scumdog

Hell, I for one wouldn't even get into a pedal-car if you were drivin' Jase!:p:D

2. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

just wondering how many of you guys would ride with your SO if they drove like an idiot from time to time , I think not many ! I can get myself in a nuff shit without doing that to her ! some women just don't have the same sense of humor as some , I would rather just keep the peace , divorces suck , been there done it, just my 2 cents !:)

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I haven't pissed off my Wife in about 15 years. That was when she left. :D Every day since has been EXTREMELY pleasant. :cool:

Don

4. Deuces

Deuces

It's ok to say crap around here.... Or even shit!..
    Shit sounds better though....:D

5. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Laugh -My-Olde-Butt-Off!! And neither will a new micro-wave!! Take it from an Olde-Farte; A Dozen Roses, Wine and a new pair of shoes, MIGHT do it!!

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking this too. It's a whole different feeling when you're not the one behind the wheel and not in control...lol. I've been the passenger in that situation, and it's like, "Omg!!!"...especially without a warning.

7. Haha, thats not very nice Tom, You know that old car pretty well, its short and definatly doesn't handle that well at speed. Dad rekons it used to be way better before he rebuilt it in the 70's and changed the steering geometry, but I think his memory might have faded over time, :)

8. Deuces

Deuces

My ol' lady hates my red droptop....:rolleyes:

9. When someone asks the wife if she has any kids, she sighs, roll her eyes n' sez she only has a fifty-sumptin' year old and jerks her thumb in my direction....

Two car operatin' related things piss off my long sufferin' Missus:

1. When I get squirrely with her in the car without warnin' her.

2. When I break somethin' that'sa result of my squirrelyness....

'Course it's all good when she say's "do it!".....

10. Once in my old Z28 doing about 130, last time i did that with her with me.....heck, i don't think I've been over 75 is a long time...

11. Deuces

Deuces

Roasted a few sets of F-70 15's when I had mine...:D:D
    Man, that was fun!..

12. D-Rail

D-Rail

My last toy was a NON HAMB friendly 93 Mustang with a warmed up 429. Booted it with her inside, BIG mistake!! You could hear her over the 3" dumps! :eek: Eyes looked like baby moons! Finger marks still in the car when I traded it off some 3 years later. Wouldn't get back in after that. Working on a 57 Binder with a 302 cruiser AOD lower and slower. No more heavy foot with her inside:rolleyes:

13. skidro69

skidro69
    from Dothan, AL

Heck, got my wife in my Model A Truck and she was nervious, without gettin on it. Hasn't been in it since.
    BTW, 2 RETURN SPRING ON CARBURATORS. Not the kind with 2 intermingled springs, 2 completely seperate springs! 1 on top pulling fwd. 1 on bottom pulling aft.

14. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

I guess you don’t know what you got till you look at other problems. My bride is a keeper. We’ve been married 18 years and together since highs cool.
    I guess it started on our Prom weekend, we did a bunch of racing in my Uncles new Turbo Conquest , she loved every minute of it. Then fast forward to racing my Chevy truck, always wanted to go with. Once in that same truck, we pulled up to a light and two bikers were sitting there in the next lane. One biker leans over and says “ Hey baby you like bikes , why don’t cha come for a ride?” big laughs right? Light turns green and I smoked the bikes with that old truck, scared those two bikers by the look on the faces as we powered away.
    Now I have a pretty hot Harley and she always wants to go fast, always . She always what’s to ride the expressway . She always lays her head on my back at about 100mph, it’s funny she seems to relax. She was also the first to do a burnout in my Modified, I just finished, I rolled into the gas and lit the tires and just legged it out . She was grinning like no tomorrow.
    She also has a lead foot, she used to run my big block Monte Carlo up to the station to get smokes , and she would idle along until she though she was out of ear shot then ….Flat Foot that thing, my friends would laugh,” She drives that thing harder than you do!” She called me at work one day and tells me “Wow that Monte really runs at 80” to which I reply yeah with no plates or insurance. “ Well it’s not like they would catch me.”
    She had a heart attack a few years ago, and a month or so after that she was in a mosh pit fighting with the big boys. I never seen anything she won’t try. She’s way bolder than me, and she’s my inspiration. I love her like no other! I’m keeping her!

15. manyolcars

manyolcars

This thread could turn into the longest on teh intarnets

16. oj

oj

Real Hot Rodders don't have an 'SO', they'll let somebody ride with them on occasion. And it ain't no 'SO'.

17. ChefMike

ChefMike

sure I have but only cause she wanted to stand on the gas and let her rip! My wife loves to put the petal to the floor ! to the point were I'm like you might want to ease up just a bit that's all I'm saying hon! any other wife's like the speed?

18. Where is this written ?

Seems like its a justification story to tell yourself and anyone who will listen.

19. 63comet

63comet

I'm divorced, so yes. Lol.

I've finally learned to save my "spirited" driving for when I'm alone in the car though. When the ex first met me I was drivin what was damn near a Le Mans car that reeked of gasoline, gear oil, and old wool and a half crazed punk rocker. I don't know why similar behavior a decade later was a problem. :)

20. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Sure, who hasn't?

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay i would like to tell my side of the story as i am a woman. I'm probably going to get in trouble here with some of the women on the board but i absolutely love cars and everything to do with them. The first willys that we sold the gentleman only kept it for about 6 months because his wife complained that it was too loud. I didn't know there was such a thing. Between my husband and i i am the one that has the worst withdrawals in the winter until we can get to a track again. Nothing smells better to me than a car that goes by rumbling so your chest shakes and getting a whiff of nitro or alcohol. I've have had the chance to warm up a AA/GS car a few times and i hate to get out of it. Maybe i'm a freak or something but it is my biggest passion. Just a view from my side.
    Gasser Girl

22. trollst

trollst

Well, thirty three long miserable years ago I married Mrs Troll, she has been fast on Harley Davidsons, hot rods and dirt bikes. Claims to hate going fast but does a good job of tolerating it, doesn't complain too much......I laugh sometimes, long time married old guys know the drill. You can't live with them, and you can't shoot them.

23. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

My wife wouldn't even let me spin donuts in an empty snowy parking lot.

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mrs Highlander only gets pissy in "snow play". I used to take her for a happy gas blast in a 468 BBC powered Camaro. She loved it. In some cases she liked riding along in a street race too. I tried to get her to take the 10 sec braket racer down the track. Nope. Now, wanting to hot rod the 31 PU, she's sorta mad about it. At the same time she don't wanna help build it so...

25. When riding my Shovelhead,she would punch me in the ribs when she thought we were goin to fast onthat hotrod bike. My response was to twist the wick even more if it wasn't already to the stop....Maybe thats why she is my X- wife...

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I believe they are programed to think we should "evolve" like "normal" people... At least that's what mine tells me - only it takes several time with her because her wacky Chinese accent turns the word "evolve" into something completely unintelligable.

27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I used to do Garden Tractor pulling and I made both an engine and a chassis dyno at home; ran them there too...One day the SO asked me if the more noise they make the better they pull? Ah, well most certainly! But then when I was digging up and leveling out the front yard, making parking room and a convenient driveway and house access...After about two months of Saturdays doing this she complains about wanting piece after a week of work...I didn't have a reply, I thought I was doing it for her so I stopped after just starting the retaining wall....I let her stew on it not being done for a few years and last spring when she reached her boiling point I worked on it thru the summer and got it in and back filled with new lawn too [$,$$$]; twenty year pause was refreshing!!...Then she got new bay windows [two,$$,$$$] in the fall, new bathroom this winter [$$,$$$], and spring got me new garage roofs [$$,$$$]. She has been very approving; of course I'm only $,$$$ behind....Oh and you can't punch them either.....

28. wawuzit

wawuzit
    from tennessee

There are 3 BILLION women on earth, 57 chevys are hard to find. smiles

BTW..you know I'm kidding. Try flowers

29. chubbie

chubbie

My wife is keeper,neighbor asked if i would check his cow herd ect. one weekend and i said i would. I asked the wife if she wanted to go along, knowing she would. I took the model A. It had a windsheild, good brakes, ran great! nothing else! I turned off the black top onto gravel way to damn fast! i turned into the slide, but it slid around and again! we were slide'n side ways and the ditch was com'n fast! i yelled hold on and i steered to the ditch rather then roll!! down the ditch! thinking we were safe i yell hold on and on the road we went, and it went sideways again! headed for the other ditch! this was a deep ditch!!! we ended up sideways in the road with so much dust in the air you would think it was a tornado! a whole pail full of gravel in the car, grass in the wheels. she was all black and blue and sore for days. wow i coulda killed my wife.....only thing that was said is "lets not do that again"

30. slowforty

slowforty

I was Driving My 40 Ford with my Late wife one day.
    We we going about 60 MPH.
    She said she was Hot.
    So I opened the Cowl Vent.
    The Breeze Blew her Dress up around Her ears .
    I got called a few choice names.
    The View was still good.