Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Morgans 51 chev sedan build up (Australia)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morgan91, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Nearly finished putting the new daily together. So chev progress will get faster soon hopefully.

Just a little progress on the Chev.
    Fire wall primed. And just a picture of the air setup(still have to make airline s a bit neater just waiting till I get the floor in first)

Attached Files:

2. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Got the fire wall painted tonight.

Attached Files:

3. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Progress: tranny rebuilt, motor back in.

Attached Files:

4. Getting it there now :)
    can't wait to see it finished

5. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers fellas.

6. -TKL-

-TKL-

looks good morgan, is it laying flat rail all the way or the front up a bit? you gonna just sheet over the air gear?
    I rememeber ya on the MT forums few years back. getting this engoed?

7. hughesy

hughesy

Just found this thread you have done an excellent job. I also have a 49 chev 4 door chopped and with a buick style front end keep up the good work.

Andrew.

8. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

bout 10mm off the ground all the way round when its aired out with spaces under the air springs, without spaces it hits the ground.

not getting it engineered its already regoed so not gonna worry about it.

9. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

cheers mate, pretty sure iv seen your car around before. love the front end treatment, iv got 54 buick headlight bezles for mine sitting and waiting to go on.

10. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Been slack with up dating this tread but have had heaps of progress in the last few weeks. Got the dual booster and dual master cylinder mounted under the floor using the stock pedal, got the clutch mater mounted under floor using stock pedal as well.
    Nearly done brake and fuel lines and all the plumbing, made a new exhaust and got a new tail shaft made, and cut out the old tunnel and got a new one made and tacked in, and a whole heap of other little things, I'm about a week or two off actually driving it for the first time in over a year So I'm pretty exited about that.

Also got My coupe doors that I imported from the states, they need a bit of work but I sandblasted them and cleaned them up, gonna order patch panels from ems when I save up, but just going to get it driving as a four door before I cut it all up again.

Few pictures

Attached Files:

11. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Coupe doors

Attached Files:

12. Little bit of rust in them doors but it's only steel after all............it can be fixed :)
    Going to look great as a two door mate, looks awesome already

13. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Yeah one is a lot better then the other but it's all fixable.

Cheers mate.

14. scott51

scott51

Nice work man it's good to see this one back up.

Not sure if you've come up with a plan for the 2 door conversion but be prepared to do some major splicing and dicing on the 4dr jamb/b pillar to get it to work properly with the coupe doors (almost worth building most of it from scratch).

I converted mine using only a set of 2dr sedan doors and a couple of EMS patches and learnt a few tricks the hard way, lots of little snags you don't see on many of the conversion threads especially the ones that used lots of 2dr parts.

Documented it pretty thoroughly and been meaning to do a build thread for ages but hit me up if you wanna hear/see more. There's also a couple of pics of mine on as it currently sits on here somewhere.

15. ausbuick

ausbuick

sweet as morg's keep it up dude

16. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Thanks man, that was sort of my plan with the ems patch panels. Could you post a few pics here or send me Some in an email? My email is [email protected] so doesn't the b piller line up of latch with the 2 door doors? I was sort of hoping to just move that back and put the quarter skin up to it and fold around and spot/plug weld like a factory type deal?

17. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers boss.

18. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Tunnel is finished got the engine running last. Night and all the brake lines made and bled, couple more little things today and hopefully il take it for a drive!

Attached Files:

19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Got it going, drove it up the street did a little "test" burnout. Il upload a video if I knew how

Attached Files:

20. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Looking good Morgs, great to see some more progress. Saw the burnout video on Sean's phone yesterday, great work haha

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. ausbuick

ausbuick

little patch for testing only HaHaHa

22. Nice to see another 51 Chev getting customised.........have attached the only 2 pics I can find of my brothers customised 51 Chev Sedan, the 1st pic was at the 1979 Vic State Rod Run we attended from Sydney, he in the Chev, me in my 1940 Dodge Sedan. I ended up buying the Chev from him in the mid 1980's and it was used as the daily driver by my wife till the early 1990s.
    We brought it with us when we moved to Grafton in 1992 and it was sold unregistered to a guy in Brisbane about 10 yrs ago.
    Its since been flat blacked, made into a 2 dr and the custom front sheetmetal replaced with stock sheetmetal and a Chev V8 installed.......but the two distinctive 59 Caddy tailights that can be seen in the other pic I have attached are still on the car to this day............they were the ONLY parts remaining from the early 70's hotrod 1932 Ford Tudor that Dennis Millet built in Sydney.......my brother bought them from the guy that bought Dennis's car and wrecked it.
    The chev as built by my brother, Bruce had a 186 Holden 6 and 5 speed Alfa gearbox, 51 Chevfront suspension, completely hand formed front grille sheet metal including extended & peaked hood, frenched aerials, front & rear rolled pans, 59 Caddy tailights, custom dash, 59 Olds steering wheel, 4 P76 bucket seats, chassis & suspension painted in red & silver 2 pack with chromed suspension & steering, dechromed body, genuine moon caps, appleton spots.....etc.........all this in 1978....nice to see another chev custom........btw I've still got the 1940 Dodge sedan......regards, andyd

Attached Files:

23. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

That's a cool looking Chevy. I want to do somthing a little like that with the front I mine once I get the rest of the body work done.

24. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers Luke, It feels fucking good even just being able to drive it in and out of The shed, I got sick of pushing it haha.

25. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I've just found this thread, it's looking great, I'm in Glenrowan not far from you, cheers

Outback

26. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

I'm subscribed!!

27. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Just stuffing around with the EZ wiring kit, getting there slowly

Attached Files:

28. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Having a bit of mechanical dramas at the moment had my small block running sweet the other day, drove it out of the shed parked it went to drive it back in and it wouldn't start been fucking around with it for days, it's got spark, compression, fuel, timing is dead on, I didn't change anything inbetween when it was running and when it stopped running. Since then iv changed the leads pulled the carb off (brand new carb) plugs are all new and dry and clean, I keep on going back to it being flooded, so iv taken the plugs out and turned it over to get all the fuel out of the motor then put them back in and hasn't made much difference, done it a few times. At the moment it's almost starting like it runs for about 2-3 seconds the. Fires a massive flame out the carb and stops. Which is making me think it timing but I'm really lost at this stage it's a 600 elderbrock carb, pretty standard motor slightly upgraded cam and its out about 30 thou re built a few years ago but it probably hasn't even done 100 miles yet. Just annoying because i haven't changed anything and it was running so good the other day

Cheers
    Morgan

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. What dissy have you got, could be something with that by the sound of it if everything else checks out. I know you said timing is dead on but could the dissy have moved?