Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 34 ford truck cab and fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody1958, Mar 21, 2013.

1. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

I found a set from what i been told by seller they are steel and very nice condition. 500 for the set of rear and the front fenders. I about shit my pants!!! i still need to drive down to double check to make sure they are 34 truck fenders. What are some areas to look at to make sure they are what he said they are.

2. Wanna bet they don't turn out to be Model A's? HRP

3. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Check the front to make sure it has the small added piece of sheet metal to bolt to the frame and the back side of how they bolt on to the bed. They will have a smaller lip bead than model A. Take pictures of known 34 fenders with u to compare. AND for $500 don't wait long they will be gone.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Hrp you trying to give me bad luck.? LOL! Claimed they came off of his 34 he made into a highboy truck . Who knows i need to find some pictures to take with me to help identify them.

5. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

So looking at the pictures of my cab. What year do you guys think it is 33 or 34. I was going to start my search for a vintage tag for this.

6. Your truck has the extra larger third belt line signifying it is indeed a 34.

The '32 and '33 trucks have only 2 belt lines. HRP

[​IMG]

7. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Thanks for the info HRP. I was wondering how to tell the difference.

8. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOTRODPRIMER
    Not trying to hijack. I asked about window regulators earlier. I have a cab frame and box I bought as a 32 It is a 34 cab and has a 4 bolt set up on the door for the regulators. The frame is a big truck and I have no history (frame was shortened before I got it) Do you know anything about the big trucks that would explain this. Will Model A truck fenders work on a short box?

9. I have had and help build 5 32-34 Ford trucks,,2 of them are 34's and were the big trucks,,all of them used the 3 bolt hole regulators,,the big truck and regular pickup use the same identical cabs.

As for the Model A rear fender anything is possible but you will have your work cut out for you.

Model A's have splash aprons that the fenders attach to before the running boards,,the 32-34 fenders attach to the frame.

Are you sure you don't have Model A doors? HRP

10. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What are the identifyable differences? I bought as a project a long time ago (10 years )

11. Sending you a pm,,no need to post this on the OP's thread. HRP

12. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

ok so 34 is what it's going to be thankks hrp

13. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal