Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Scratch built 1929 Roadster body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cryptkepper, Apr 3, 2013.

1. cryptkepper

cryptkepper
    from louisanna

I started this project back in October of 2010 with building the frame and hit a road block, i became unemployed! Sucks I know! With this said I will tell you a little about myself. I am a retired policemen but have made a secondary living custom painting, and fabricating. I have been building Harley Clones and have built many muscle cars. I started with building my own gas tanks and fenders for my bikes and always wanted to build an ol skool rod. So I first built the frame to except a glass T body. But as some projects go my plan changed! After some thought I decided to build a 1929 roadster pickup. I did a lot of research try to acquire the dimensions for my project and was unable to find any information. I posted this on the hamb and a fellow hamber contact me with the dimensions from his rod. So i used his information to start. Since I intended to build from scratch I strayed from the stock dimensions and widened the body 2" at the firewall and 3" at the rear of the cab and channeled the body 5". Everything you see was done with a 4" grinder and a mig welder here are some pic's of my progress! Hope you like!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. RAY With

RAY With

I like it a lot. Good luck on the finish out and I will keep a eye on it. Looks like you got a handle on it and much progress has been made

3. cryptkepper

cryptkepper
    from louisanna

Thanks Ray I'm having a ball, unlike other projects i have done this one has been a lot of fun starting with a pile of steel and one sheet it's a good feeling to see something come of it.

4. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

highly ambitious ---good luck...

5. Ralph

Ralph

Looks well thought out. Ambitious, yes, but it sure seems like you've got the planning and skills to pull it off. Good luck!
    RALPH

6. Twinzer4

Twinzer4

Looks great to me.

7. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

8. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Nice work and well executed!