Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Model car Sundays 3/31/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Mar 31, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Happy Easter everyone. Post them models up.:D

2. fat141

fat141

Happy Easter back to you mate. Thank you for kicking off this week.
    Here are a couple of shots from my files, either built by me or my best mate Marshie (fFC59 around here) Hope you like.
    Rod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rod

3. fat141

fat141

Just a couple more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

4. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

I have nothing new so here some pics of the Buckeye classic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Fat141 you got some good stuff man......Great lookin stuff..

6. fat141

fat141

Thank you
    Rod

7. themodelking

themodelking

only got a little work done to my 29 model a

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. themodelking

themodelking

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I posted this on the art thread yesterday, but you guys probably missed it. I did this little trophy / desk set for a bud who helped me out greatly on my truck build. He's built rods for a long time, is a big drag racing fan and has made quite a few trips to the flats with friends on crews.

The model is based on one of those novelty item 1/8th-ish scale metal roll-aways sold at Summit for a few bucks. I used up some old 1/8th model car decals and parts to decorate it and added a juice can for pens n pencils. The drawer that opens holds paper clips and it's about 10" tall with the top propped open. The top section has your basic "Ace" mechanic tool set - axe, sledge and pipe wrench - LOL. Gary

Attached Files:

10. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Some of the modelcars looks real in some pictures....

12. I look forward to this thread every weekend.....

13. Chesterf

Chesterf

Happy Easter all. Thought I would show some photos of my 1/87 scale work. The first is a diorama that has a Model A Woody inside and the second photo gives you an idea of how small this scale really is. The next two photos are of a '46 Chevy pumper truck with a scratch built bed and a '37 wrecker also with a scratched bed and boom. I like the scale because I can do larger vehicles and still have some room left in my barn. Would like to show some big rig models later. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

• h8.jpg
      h8.jpg
      File size:
      319.2 KB
      Views:
    • h9.jpg
      h9.jpg
      File size:
      314.6 KB
      Views:
    • h6.jpg
      h6.jpg
      File size:
      176 KB
      Views:
    • h7.jpg
      h7.jpg
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views:
  14. Chesterf

Chesterf

OK let's get a big truck in the show here. This is a Mack DM800 with a 25 foot gravel trailer. You'll notice a solid resin cab which is done often in the scale. Hopefully it doesn't detract from the model.

Attached Files:

• h1.jpg
      h1.jpg
      File size:
      197.8 KB
      Views:
    • h2.jpg
      h2.jpg
      File size:
      173.2 KB
      Views:
  15. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

almost every Sunday I see great looking Dioramas when you guys post your models, How about more information on the building of the Dioramas themselves ? like where do you come up with all the shop tools and everything that makes them look so real, Not car parts but all those little details like tools, shop machines, bench vises, wall art etc.Maybe we could start a thread on just building auto related Dioramas? Can ya tell I've never built one but want to ? :)

16. I built this 1/6th scale Harley Davidson while recovering from shoulder surgery in winter of 1996.
    Still looks good. TM

Attached Files:

17. First, you need model building skills. Start by building a lot of models. Then when you feel ready, buy this book in the link---How to Build Dioramas by Shep Paine. Great tips and techniques and the author is a great model builder. There are other books out there too, but this one is particulary good. Try the model railroad magazines--tons of great tips in those mags. First you need the basic skills and those come with experience. Good luck. TM

Here is a Diorama with 1/48th scale Douglas C-47, 1/48 scale Jeep and 1/48 scale 1942 Ford Fordor AAF Staff Car. The photo with no vehicles and just the C-47 and figures is a different C-47 than the one that appears with the vehicles. TM

http://www.amazon.com/How-Build-Dioramas-Sheperd-Paine/dp/0890241953

Attached Files:

18. beaumontguru

beaumontguru
    from winnipeg

Here are a couple more of mine. the hawiiaan is a recent build. The cylclone if from an ancient street freak kit, used cady decals, and made sort of a compilation of a bunch of Dyno Don comet/cyclone cars.

Attached Files:

19. shades34

shades34

Let amateur hour begin!
    My 32 coupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

21. there some really nice stuff this week shades your coupe looks good to me

i started on a revell 54 chevy that im doing gasser (maybe street freak style) have to see it on wheels before i know which but its not far enough along yet so no pics from me this week

22. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Im lovin this Green 32 But those white wires and clear tubes set it off great. Good job Shades34

@Chesterf Your 1/87's are some of the best in the 1/87 scale hobby. Thanks for posting them.

23. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

From the Todd Wingerter collection

24. Pscott

Pscott

Been working on several projects, til they're finished here's some blasts from the past:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Here's a couple I've been working on ,on and off for a while--

Attached Files:

26. thehazguy

thehazguy

Amazing talent. Nice work guys Happy Easter

27. Jason_C

Jason_C

Still not done with it. I do want to redo the headers, make them shorter and different ends on them. But here are a few sunny pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. scrubba

scrubba

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a very old build I did for a Texaco station that is STILL in the planning stages . Eventually , I'll get to it . There is nothing new as I'm still hard at work on the Zeppelin Diner .

http://s13.zetaboards.com/TheModelBuilders/index/

You can follow the work on the diner at the link ................... scrubba

29. Rindy

Rindy
    from 43351

Here's a 1/18 diecast Willys I reworked about 8 years ago. Tried to build it as a hot street car as it would have been in the early '60s. Dechromed, closed up the rear wheel openings (put back to stock configuration), closed up the blower hole in the hood, added a front bumper & headlights from the Yat-Ming '37 Ford conv. and am now running a stock 283 with a 4-speed Hydro (pulled the motor out of a '60 Bel Air wagon!);) Full exhaust system (duals with glasspacks), battery in the trunk, etc. My only regret is I wish I had tried to convert it to the '40 style grille, always liked that a lot better than the '41 style. I'm calling the car a '40, wipers are above the windshield.
    Rindy:)

Attached Files:

30. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

On my table today is a 1932 Chevy Phaeton by Hubley. I bought it at an antique store, and have stripped it down for repainting...

[​IMG]