Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Roadster Pickup........picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

View attachment 1860468 my 13 year old son has just started on this one.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I hope it is just you... because it bugs ME when people ignore the history of a car, or any other creative endeavor. I suppose you no longer consider Picasso's paintings to be his own, you know, now that they're owned by others? A Frank Lloyd Wright house becomes a Clarence Weatherby house once old C-dub moves his leisure suits in, huh? Nope...

Here's a rad RPU from Fresno, so this isn't just a nit-picking post.

Attached Files:

brEad and cactus1 like this.
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Considering Tommy Sparks owned it from the late '40s to the time he died a couple of years ago I don't believe I'd be pissed if I was the current caretaker. I think I would be quite proud. 'Course, what could I know, I've lived in (caretaker, owner, whatever) "The minister's house" for twenty five years now. That's lots longer than the Minister ever lived in it.

4. Larry T

Larry T

Not exactly the same deal but I bought an old hotrod pickup from a local guy and went through it top to bottom, front to back. Even though I owned it for over ten years it was always "Jackie's old truck" until the day I sold it and then it instantly transformed into "Larry's old truck". :D

brEad likes this.
  5. Just finished this one the night before the GNRS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

05snopro440 and Aluminum1929 like this.
  6. Have to disagree - if the Hot Rod is a historical and known vehicle, it is usually defined by it's builder or most well known owner. The McMullen Roadster , the Hirohata Merc, the Calori Coupe - these are perfect examples and there are hundreds more.
    When I re did the Chuck Price Roadster (the cover car of the very first issue of Rods & Customs) it was interesting that Chuck Price owned it the least amount of time that it existed (only about 2 years), but he was the one who had it when it gained it's 15 minutes of fame, so it will always be known as the Chuck Price Roadster

pecker head likes this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Guess I'm wrong then :) Seems like we are grouping cars with works of art.

Maybe when I'm dead and gone my RPU might be called Larry's car, somehow I'm not sure about that.

By the way, I'm driving Henry Fords 2011 F150. :D

05snopro440 likes this.
  8. i would group certain cars with art... do something wild/artful/ground breaking with your 2011 [or whatever] and it will be called larry blue one's rod.:eek::D

9. rodl

rodl

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Reeeally good looking, Don. Close the trunk, though.

11. We had it open to show the judges that custom gas tank inside - but you're right, it takes away from the truck with it open .....

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is very nice. The contrasting green suits it well.

13. Steve Hill is the curent owner of my first RPU. He is doing a beautiful restoration on it. Period correct down to the 40 Ford brakes. His name is on the title, but somehow I think it may always be my RPU, and I think Steve is OK with that.

14. Dean, you'll always be the true owner of that rpu. He's just a keeper and a proud keeper as well. Doesn't it haunt you a bit? I sold mine in 85 and got it back about 3 yrs ago. All this time it was always refered to as my rpu.
    Feels great to get it back to after so many years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtOUWG5rjW0

15. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I looked it over at GNRS. Really cool rpu! I was just telling my wife about it the other night. I had a big bowl full of avocados we bought, and it made me think of the basket I saw in your pick up's bed. Logged on to the HAMB minutes later, and the first post in the first thread I opened was a pic of your rpu! funny

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Do you have a build thread on it or more pictures Don ?

It turned out great.

17. rodl

rodl

18. WyKev

WyKev

Ok, I'm weird, I know, but I like flatbeds. Anybody have pics of a 30 roadster flatbed??

19. Thanks! no I didn't do a build thread on it, I'm really lousy about that - always say i'm going to on a project, and then never do.

Here it was in mock up stage just a few months back
    [​IMG]

And the chassis right after getting it back from the paint shop
    [​IMG]

Aluminum1929 likes this.
  20. bobadame

bobadame

Here's mine. This picture was taken around 1965. I still have most of it.

Attached Files:

Dannerr likes this.
  21. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I'd like to find an original cab for my A. The ones pictured above are way cool! However, the roomy openess of my "speedster pickup" has kind of spoiled me.

[​IMG]

Lil'Alb, brEad and ROCKER77 like this.
  22. TomH

TomH

I assume you look over the top of the windshield. :)

brEad likes this.
  23. That is correct- Just !! Its the one that came with it but im going to get a new one cut to protect the 1950 Bonneville Speed Week sticker. JW

brEad likes this.
  24. Steve is considrably younger than me. I doub't he'll be wanting to turn it loose anytime soon. By the time he's ready to move on, I may not be around. But, I can still dream.

25. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

26. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

????

Attached Files:

ALCAN AV8 likes this.
  27. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, at least the tree isn't growing through it!

Looks like a dry climate for outdoor storage, but it may not be worth saving after many more seasons out there.

:cool:

28. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

The Dean Wendtzel T with A fenders and a early hemi is one of my favorite roadster pickups!!

29. 117harv

117harv

Picture 018 (Small).jpg Picture 019 (Small).jpg Picture 028 (Small).jpg Picture 029 (Small).jpg Here is a good looking RPU that I saw at a local show yesterday, may be a members ?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    brEad likes this.