Register now to get rid of these ads!

241 Dodge Hemi lifter question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rainmans32, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Rainmans32

Rainmans32

Anybody have a source for Crower Groove-Lock mechanical roller lifters for the Mopar 241? I believe it's .903 diameter. Crower seems to be out of them and not making them any time soon. I'm in a bit of a hurry and need a full set of 16 or more if possible. Ready to put the engine back together as soon as I can get these.

2. Rainmans32

Rainmans32

3. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Rainman, this guy claims to do it all for the early Hemi.

www.hothemiheads.com

Worst he could tell you is no.

4. George

George

318 LA hyd roller lifters are supposed to work on a 241, so I'd guess if there are solids for them they'd work. The early BB Chr 361/413 lifters are used on Chr, probably would work for Dodge.

5. 73RR

73RR

The groove-lock is an ancient design and requires that the lifter bore be cut, hence the name 'groove-lock'. The cutting requires a very special jig; the operation is much like broaching a key way.
    Yes, Crower still sells them for shiverlays, but those are throw-away blocks.

...Just wondering out loud here... If the OP cannot find the needed info on Crowers web site why does he think it will appear here?

my 2¢

6. Sanford Graham

Sanford Graham

Toyota bought the rights and parts from Chrysler on the 241 for their earlier trucks. Have no idea when they stopped. Maybe research on that will help.

7. George

George

According to the Tex Smith Book the Toyota Hemi has nothing to do with the US hemis.

8. Rainmans32

Rainmans32

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of town and internet has been down too.

I've been talking to Bob at Hot Hemi Heads and he's trying to help but nothing yet. And 73RR, I'm asking because I though just maybe someone here may have extras or has been through the same fix and found the answers.

Thanks for the posts, We may have actually found some today but not sure if they're willing to let them go. I'll post the solution when I have one.

9. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Did you ever find them. We have 15 but need one more.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app