Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. News to me! What did you hear, and where did you hear it?

2. I heard the same thing but I was with those guys...lol (It was not from GRS in any way)

3. Thank you! Larry puts on a great show and the coverage is well deserved! Congrats to Hot Rod Jen also for the pics!

I would also be lying if I said I thought I would ever have a picture of any of my cars in the Rodders Journal! Thank you to them for picking it as one of the examples for a great show!

4. I covered the bases at this end and there is nothing to it....

5. DH9185

DH9185

Are all cars required to pass NHRA inspection regarsless of index? Run 12's, street driven but battery is behind the passenger seat right now and I have no aluminum rear firewall with trunk mounted tank. Dave

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

6. Dave, you will need to change that to race. For the 1/8 mile street race the battery needs to be mounted securely.

Don

7. chevy3755

chevy3755

Hi Don......dont let all the acolades change your hat size with the Rebel Reaper.............

8. DH9185

DH9185

Don, the battery's in a vented Moroso box bolted to the floor. Have a now illegal spring bar 10-point cage, has battery shutoff rear. No working headlights (guts are gone) which disqualifies me from joining at least one gasser group. Looks like I'll need to get a huffer before I can break into the slowest gasser index, not sure what that is. I'm sure I'd run into similar issues at Thompson so I'll probably remain a spectator for some time before I put 5 grand together for a 6-71 and new pistons. Sure sounds like fun racing, hope to see some now that I've moved back to Ohio. Hope all goes well for you now that you're the new BMFIC, has to be painful at times trying to satisfy everybody. Dave

9. You have no idea....as far as the cage, I am pretty sure nhra only requires the cage if your faster than 12 seconds. I don't know what the term "spring bar" is? As far as working headlights, not a problem.

10. DH9185

DH9185

Entry is via old school spring loaded bar that's pulled to separate the bar for entry, then returns to connection when swung shut. What's the slowest gas class? Should run faster this year with new engine and going to a 2x4 tunnel setup, but don't know if I'll get her into the 11's. Hope so, had some issues with the old motor, still ran hi 12's. Is this battery a problem? It's NHRA accepted for hatchbacks I think.

11. I run the same battery box in my Henry J right over the rear with no other partition between it and driver. It is acceptable according to the NHRA rule book and has passed IHRA tech.

12. 8.1 Battery Re-location

All batteries must be securely mounted and may not be relocated into the driver or passenger compartments. Rear firewall of .024-inch (.6 mm) steel or .032-inch (.8 mm) aluminum (including package tray) required when battery is re-located in trunk. In lieu of rear firewall, battery may be located in a sealed .024-inch (.6 mm) or .032-inch (.8 mm) aluminum, or FIA accepted poly box. If sealed box is used in lieu of rear firewall, box may not be used to secure battery, and must be vented outside of body. Strapping tape prohibited. A maximum of two batteries, or 150 pounds (68 kg) combined maximum weight (unless otherwise specified in Class Requirements) is permitted. Metal battery hold-down straps mandatory. Hold-down bolts must be minimum 3/8-inch (9.53 mm) if battery is relocated from stock and other than stock hold-downs are used ("J" hooks prohibited or must have open end welded shut.).

I found this on the net, would think it is applicable. I also believe you need a shut off switch on the back of the car labeled on/off.

13. The Gasser Magazine "Gasser Reunion" for this year has been canceled by Beaver Springs Dragway. It is very unfortunate that I had to first learn of this here on the HAMB via rumors. Last week when the rumor started on this thread I contacted the other magazine officials to see if there was any validity to this rumor. I was assured that nothing was from our end. I then contacted Beaver Bob and asked the same thing. He was hesitant and secretive. There was smoke. He then asked me to run "his race". Now the fire is a blaze! When I declined for obvious reasons, he was worried that our relationship would be compromised. I assured him that it was! He then asked to give him a couple days to put a sharper pencil to the program to see how he could make it work. He also asked that we keep our conversation private. I did. After 5 days I called his cell and left a message to have him contact me. He did not return my call all weekend. I left another message on Monday and also reached out to him on another social network he was active on yesterday, still no return call...Today he answered his phone when I called.

Beaver Bob "in the interest of his local gassers" is going to have his own gasser race. He informed me that he liked some of my idea's and was going to incorporate them into his event! He has already contacted Bruce Larson to be his Grand Marshall! He has not updated his web site for the Dragway as of this posting, however, the Cruizn'Times web site here in Cleveland Ohio already has the name of the event and schedule listed on their web site.

June 8-9-10 (2013) ~ Pa. Gasser Nationals, Beaver Springs Dragway, "Beaver Bob" says, "all gassers welcome,", front engine dragsters, altereds, Cruisin' Times will be there shooting a feature story, visit their website: Beaver Spring Dragway for more info. or call the track:(570) 658-9601

I guess he was too busy to have the decency to call me to inform us, the magazine of his late decision.

I am a very open person and live by the ideal to treat people how I would like to be treated. That being said I will not participate in the PA Gasser Nationals nor any other event at Beaver Springs Dragway.

As far as the Reunion this year, this late in the game as far as schedules etc, well, it is not looking good.

We need a venue.

I am looking at possibilities and would like input on racing 1/8 mile vs. 1/4. Thanks!

14. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

It sucks Don, for several reasons. Going to be hard to find a replacement this late. Good luck.

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Don i am very sorry to hear this. I'm sorry that you had to hear about it that way.
    Wanda

16. benji2714

benji2714

That's to bad Don! You had allot of work in this. Once again MONEY rears it's evil head, I guess. My 2 cents.

17. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

I will never set foot at his track again, never cared for him last year, thought i'd give it another try this year because of all Don's efforts but $#@$@$@ him!

18. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Milan, Dragway 42, there are a lot of other tracks eight mile or quarter makes no difference to me.

19. richie rebel

richie rebel

how about the reunion at thompson this year,still on ???

20. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Thompson is on, its their own deal. The problem with Beaver is too many others chirping in his ear about their deals and not letting it be "one" group effort and run as a whole. Like the GRS does for Empire, running under one entity rule would be the way it should be run for a "Nationals" style event.

21. benji2714

benji2714

Yes. That's still there Friday May 31 Sat June 1st

22. richie rebel

richie rebel

thanks guys,ya'all going to be there

23. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Wouldn't miss Thompson.

24. DH9185

DH9185

Per Micky, you might try 42, they may be glad to get it, maybe later in the year? Very near me so I'd be glad to help if you need some. Planning on going there for Rock n Race this year but won't race at the reunion so I'd have more time than the racers. Dave

25. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Don;are you in the choppers show this year?if so,we'll discuss some ideas there.Dave

26. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Or all the bickering between the differant groups.

27. Sorry Don, to bad they couldn't be up front with you about what was going on instead of being blind sided like that.
    The Gasser Racing Series will welcome all you guys at The Gold Cup August 17-18th http://www.gasserracingseries.com/#!__schedule-rules
    come out and have a great time !

28. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Wow, Beaver Bob is a snake? :eek: Next I'll here the Easter Bunny is a fake.
    Gregg

29. LZ

LZ

Sorry Don:
    Just don't have words. But like Phil said stop by Empire anytime, just enjoy your car.:)
    Luke

30. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

I'll be there Richie. Won't see you at Wexford anymore, so you have to go to TRP.:)