Register now to get rid of these ads!

The one I had to let go.. Have you seen this 32 5W lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Mar 26, 2013.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

I had to sell this a few years ago (2005), knowing at the time I would always regret it, but family comes before daddy's toys. I've always wondered where she ended up like an old girlfriend that you weren't quite done with yet. Is she still wearing her original early 60's primer and white tuck and roll? Is she a glossed up trailer queen? Is she sitting in a barn somewhere looking just like she did when she left?

32's don't seem to hide too well with everyone looking for them and wanting to show them off when they are lucky enough to find one. It was sold to a guy I think somewhere in Missouri or thereabouts. It had a super nice 25 louver hood, a 1950's vette 283 a Ford pick up steering column. These were taken the day I bought her with my son.

Anyone seen her?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. Don't know where the car is but,
    that is one of the deepest smiles I have ever seen.
    Maybe fate will reunite you someday.

3. Ya should have never sold it.......

4. Didn't know Chevy made a 1950 Vette 283.:D,,I'm sure you meant a little later.

Good looking car,,I'm sure someone is enjoying it today. HRP

5. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

The post sez 1950's vette 283 I would think that means 1957-8 or 9 283. But thats just me I dont have 15,365 post.

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good luck on finding info on your car---i still look everytime i pass the corner where i last saw my 58 impala 40 years ago...

7. Dave50

Dave50

Is that the car that was on ebay last month and the reserve is above 50k car is in a storage trailer on wheels. That one may have been a 3w though but but sure looks like the one, check ebay completed listings.

8. James427

James427
    BANNED

I knew at the time that I should never have sold it, but family finances forced the issue. My kids came first. I'm not a rich guy, only lucky enough to have found a 32 and owned one at least once.

Here are a few more shots of her. She could not have been a more perfect find in my mind.

Attached Files:

9. If it's still in Missouri I bet roadsterpilot knows about it. He's in Kirksville, Missouri, send him a PM, who knows the car might be for sale.:D

10. James427

James427
    BANNED

Even if it was I certainly could not afford it. Just missin it...... :)

11. belair

belair

I tell myself you can't own em all, and you can't keep em all. I would like to have a Duece, even for a little while.

12. basicbob

basicbob

James, I overnighted payment which surprised both yourself & wife. She said I should end up with the coupe & I brought it home to Springfield Missouri. After getting it running then driving it around for a while I sold it to a shop in L.A.

I also have the pictures of when you bought the coupe.

Thanks Bob

13. James427

James427
    BANNED

You were a pleasure to do business with Bob. I hope you made good money on her. Any word on what happend to it in LA??

14. Another mystery solved, well at least partially solved.

15. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Better to have a deuce and lost it than to never have a deuce at all?

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Selling that WOULD be like selling a family member. Hope things come back full circle for you, nice ride!

17. alchemy

alchemy

What shop in LA? Did they buy it for a customer? Any of you Californiers see it out there?

18. slug

slug

Bob, is that the one you had for sale at the Nats a couple of years ago? It had a 283 with 3 2's, a 40 rear. Neat car. Slug

19. basicbob

basicbob

Hello Slug, the tri black was bought from Barry LoBeck with it's original 4 cyl. I sold the car to a fellow from Canada right after the Frog Follies.

Barry bought three 32's from Bruce West (not Batman) Pittsburg PA & the black 5 window was one.

Bob