Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. rharper13

rharper13
    from Las Vegas

Drag-u-la and the Munsters Koach. Always have loved creepy and cars.

2. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

The "Bad News" coupe aa/fa from southern california
    and
    The Eastwood and Barakat 32 sedan also from so calif

3. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Jimmy Vaughn's 51 Chev
    House Of Fire Hemi powered Ford
    The 56 Dodge sedan into a pickup (ranchero)
    Edsel in American Graffiti
    The High and Mighty Ply.
    Mr.Norm's 60 Dodge
    Pizza Mans 54 Vette
    The Pink Panther's three wheeler

4. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

I really liked (and still do) Roth's Beatnik Bandit. I loved the fact that it could be started remotely. Just liked the whole idea of a car driven with a "Joy stick". Another is the AlaKart. That 29 PU still resonates with me. (Obviously I come from the 50's).

5. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I have to say "The Stardust" but later the Matranga Merc.
    [​IMG]

6. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

The California Kid.

7. cruxseattle

cruxseattle

Vince Mule's 55 Chevy. West Covina, CA. HE was a character too.

8. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

A couple did,:D

Attached Files:

9. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Some O/T but (Alot of you older guys will think its too new of a movie) But I was in my mid-late teens when the first of the Fast & the furious movie series came out (2001) and thought looking back most of it was fake or unrealistic, I just remember all my Pals in school talking about that Black Charger! When it pops a wheelie and just leaves that toyota.....There is NOTHING more influential to a Kid then seeing a Wheel standing V8 Boat leave a fartcan, tuned, Riceburner.
    Also Kowalski's ride and Christine go up on my list of top 3
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and Mr riggle's (my old neighbor)
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us^ back in Vegas a few years back

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

11. Not really a famous car per se, but in '67-68 I was a snotty nosed kid livin' off post outside of Ft. Sill in Lawton, OK, while my dear ol' Dad was on one of his sojourns to RVN.

There was house down the street from my family's place where a bunch'a young army aviator types lived- they all had pretty cool cars: the two I remember most vividly were a yellow Plymouth GTX with a pistol grip shifter and a whilte Shelby Cobra.

The Cobra had slots on it an' the wild young dude who owned it tole' me he'd give me $20.00 to polish the wheels on it, if'n I did a nice job.

After he showed me how ta' do it, I spent 'bout 3 hours on 'em and he presented me with a crisp twenty n' took me for a rubber burnin' sideways trip 'round the neighborhood. Way cool.

Dude, my mother nearly lost her mind when I showed her the $20! That was pretty big money for those days. She grabbed me by the arm 'n marched me down the street ta' check my story.

Anyhow- the Cobra and the money made a big impression on me- maybe that's why I ended up in the biz....

Good times....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  12. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

I can relate to your post in so many ways. Brought back lots of old memory all good. It's funny how we forget how many people shaped our lives. Spent some time in Ft. Sill myself. And I can tell you the guys down the street with the hot cars. They weren't getting there money on GI pay. Lawton was a wild town back then thanks for the memory's. Ron

13. SledKicker

SledKicker

Mad Max falcon GT interceptor

[​IMG]

14. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Travis Dixions blue, stright axeled 55 Chevy. Everybody knows Trav!:D

15. 26 roadster

26 roadster

high and mighty B/SR seen at Norwalk in 1966. She was wicked fast!

16. choke

choke

The Christman 65 Comet really made an impression on me! My dad worked for Lincoln Mercury for 35 years. Growing up around the dealerships. I always loved September when the new models would come out. I would hang out in the showroom sittng in all the new cars. The 65 Comet was always my favorite. Especialy when the Christman Comet came out on the cover of the dealer magazine. I still have my copy when I was a kid. I just picked up an absolutely rust free Comet. Hopefully I can reproduce my favorite car. Less the single overhead cammer motor. Too much $$$$$

Attached Files:

17. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

The matranga merc is the one for me. ImageUploadedByTJJ1361926637.425829.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. K.S.Pitman's 1933 Willy's.....the one sponsored by S&S Parts out of Falls Church VA. What a super car.

19. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

I don't know if it was the biggest, but it has been the longest lasting one .
    That would be Normie Poo's Kookie T from 77 Sunset Strip.

20. While I don't know anything about the car, a green metallic Model A coupe, chopped, channeled, and with a fully-dressed flattie, parked at Euclid Beach Park (Cleveland, OH) when I was just a pup was the most memorable...my first hot rod sighting. But the famous one.....The Bonneville Boomer (Dec. '54 HRM)...the Doug Rice Coupe... was the car that most inspired me. Thanks to Don Richardson, the Boomer lives!

And it was still my inspiration many moons later (see second pic)

Attached Files:

21. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Stallone's Merc from the movie Cobra.

[​IMG]

22. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Craig Breedlove's Spirit of America.

Locally World Famous in southern California, Wild Willie Borsch's Fuel altered, "Winged Express." More him than the car, he drove with his right hand, laid the left on the sill as if he was going for a Sunday drive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  23. Movinman

Movinman

I am with JW. The Matranga Merc has left a lasting impression on me for years. One of these days...

As for daily drivers, my family always had wagons when us kids were growing up. So these big land barges have always appealed to me. The 59 is the fifth wagon I have owned.

24. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

A lot of cool cars here, a few of my early inspirations were Pete and Jakes 34 and A pickup, the Eastwood and Barakat sedan Fat Jacks 48 Coupe and Jerry Morelands 40, yep, I read Hot Rod and Street Rodder a lot!

Attached Files:

25. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Good call snot rocket...and a great picture of Willie doing what he did best!!

R.I.P. Willie

26. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Doane Spencer deuce roadster. I love the looks of that car

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree that it was a great car. K.S. is being inducted into the Drag Racing Hall of Fame tonight in Gainsville Forida.

28. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

"Packard Cable Special " (the Miller 91" front wheel drive Indy car) It set the "bar" so high!!! ...drtrcrV-8

29. countspanko

countspanko

the T that norm buit may he rest in peace and roth cars

30. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

here's another one......Tom Vandenberg's 1929 model a. For those of you around the so.cal scene in the 70's, this was (and still is) one BAD hot rod. Made me want a model a hot rod