Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I bleeding the wrong way ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FANTM58, Mar 24, 2013.

1. FANTM58

FANTM58

OK I bought MC and blend it , the way I have done before.
    Fittings ,and hoses going into the res, pump until no bubbles are visible .
    I did this and blend the rest of the system, still no pedal at all ?
    It goes right to the floor,, then I read the instructions in the box.
    It says to install the 2 plugs and bench bleed 3/4" - 1" until pressure is felt
    WARNING do not go further that 1"
    Did I mess something up ?
    The MC is from a 68 FURY disk/drum manual
    Going in my 58 Coronet , using a Scarebird front disk kit

2. I've did it both ways but never pushed the rod in more than the 3/4-1 inch though. How far did you push it in ?

3. You still might have air in your lines...ive gravity bled,,,but two guys..one opens bleeder...other push pedal to floor...the close bleeder..pedal comes up...open again...repeat,,,,..never had problem...unless have leak someplace??

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

If you bench blead it right why don't you take the lines off and put some plugs in the MC and if it is blead right then you should not be able to push it in at all. If that checks out OK then hook the lines back up and open up the bleeder screw at the futheret point. Let it gravity bleed and just make sure to check from time to time and not let the brake fluid run dry in the MC. It will take a while but after you don't see any air coming out then go to the next futherest bleeder screw etc. etc. etcccc.
    Good luck....

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

If you are working by yourself, measure a 2x4, wedge it against the brake pedal and seat. Pump, bleed ,repeat

6. simplyconnected

simplyconnected

Is this a power brake with a booster/master? Did you check the rod clearance between them? If it's a manual system, I'll second the 'air in your line' suggestion.

If you went more than one inch, you didn't mess up. The M/C should be just fine.

I usually bench bleed using your method. Now they want you fill half way and simply plug all the lines and pump the piston on your bench. - Dave

7. speed bleeders are a big help if you're doin this alone; but you gotta get the MC bled first, usually they come with instructions and the bleed kit.

8. Wowcars

Wowcars

I've had this problem. Turned out I had the wrong year master and the pushrod wasn't engaging the plunger at all. Might not be your bleeding process after all. Just a suggestion.