Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. The car looks great! I'm very honored to have my name on the placard also, THANK YOU!
    I learned a lot watching Pete & Rick and all the other great guys that helped out on this build, I just wish I had more time to help out.
    Here's a few photos from today's show...................cw.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. Rick, tell your son Ricky he did a great job on the Show Placard!.....
    THANKS AGAIN........
    CW.

Attached Files:

3. That rear 3/4 shot is awesome

4. Rick-
    It made my day to see the car on display after all of the hard work you guys put in the last 2 months. The car turned out great! I can believe that those were the same old ratty seats I pulled out of that clapped out Mustang II in Pick-A-Part.

It was great to see you again and finally meet your wife, Jan. I also got a chance to have a nice conversation with Pete. Totally cool guy.

And THANK YOU for including my name on the display board. I didn't do much, and I was really humbled by the recognition. I wish I could have helped out more, but my work schedule wouldn't allow it. I'm just happy that I could help out on a car that in many different ways, is part of all of us.

5. One of the all time bad ass 32 hiboy Deuce sedans on the planet! HRP

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I omitted some very important names and will be making a new story board.
    I need the last names of Steve(5w32) and Ryan(Teach'm). I also omitted Pat Moran who did the drive shaft. Oops! SORRY!

As you know I had a very full plate and was on sensory overload.

Again, I am sorry and did not mean to slight anyone!

7. Wow, what a great job everyone did in completing this Deuce! I have been following along from "Southern Maine" wishing I was closer to have helped out on this project. The car definitely had a influence on me. I will try to include a picture of my Sedan Delivery.
    Thanks for documenting and the pictures of the build! Ducky

Attached Files:

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

much obliged bill!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. banginona40

banginona40

So Cool! I've really enjoyed following the project. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

10. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Love the tribute to Grey, that was a great touch.

11. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, thanks for including me in the placard. I would have helped a LOT more had I been closer. Looks like, by the smiles on your family's faces, that you are going to be quite busy giving rides for a while. You, Pete and all the guys that helped, deserve a huge pat on the back for getting the car done, on time, and with such great quality. Congrats!

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Is this the official kickstart for NAAB*...(T-shirts?)

*National Association for the Advancement of Beaters...Gray Baskerville/Hot Rod Nov.'82

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

14. Rick, your attitude throughout the build has added a lot to this thread. Positive people are cool!

15. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Rick, as the others who's name is on the placard, thanks and wish I could have help first hand........

16. Greasy64

Greasy64

Being a gearhead teenager in Monrovia ca. 30 years ago, this thread brings back lots of memories. Thank you for not just the resurrection of the duece, but the time spent here on the HAMB also. My Dad missed out on seeing this. he really dug that car.

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Great job, I really enjoyed seeing the car in person yesterday. Thanks for the thread on the build. Now lets see some racing on the street/strip. Here is your first match.
    Lynn

Attached Files:

18. jalopy45

jalopy45

Great job, I hope to get by there in person and hear it run. Again, (to quote Gray Baskerville) you've embodied the ideals of NAAB (National Association for the Advancement of Beaters). Groovy

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'd like to see a closer photo of the blonde chick with this car...
    ;) my friend Monique ...

20. Great to know the car is on the road! Looks great!

21. DRD57

DRD57

It was great seeing the car and you at the show yesterday. You all did a great job. Nothing like a deadline to get things done.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

rick, the car is truly a work of true craftsmanship and dedication, it is awsome and beautiful. It brings back many memories of doing projects with friends with whatever parts we could scrounge up to get a drivable end product, which always needed more work to have the seemingly unobtainable "finished" car. To have my name included on the display board is very humbling, as i probably contributed the least. Thanks for that honor. This was a great group project and the result speaks for itself!

23. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Glad to see you guys finish and make the show! Congrats!

I wish I could have made it out to see the car in person but I'm sure I will soon enough.

Kiwi Kev said it best positive people are cool!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek:To Rick and Pete.And all of the fine people that helped.OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

25. SimonSez

SimonSez

Looking good - great to hear that you got there!

I couldn't be there to check it out, but was wearing my E&B t-shirt in support here in NZ on Saturday :)

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm In!!!

27. I would like to be a naab-er. Gray is our leader

28. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Count me in to NAAB! Beater is Neater! Sure miss Ol Dad. Great car, hope its all you wanted it to be.