Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody done a BW T86 to a 223 i6?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greaseguy62, Mar 22, 2013.

1. greaseguy62

greaseguy62

Hey guys I recently purchased a 62 f100. It has a 223 with a 3 on the tree, and my top speed is about 60. The truck came with a BW t86e OD, with everything I need to install(bellhousing,tailshaft,driveshaft,governor,OD setup,linkage etc). After I cleaned it and opened the gear box everything moves and shifts perfect. I'm thinking of putting it against the 223. Has anybody ever done this?

2. greaseguy62

greaseguy62

3. Chris F100

Chris F100

Try the Ford Truck Enthusiasts (FTE) site. They have a section devoted to these vintage trucks. They'll have an answer for you. I know I have a 62 F100 too

4. Yup, just installed in my '61 Club Sedan. A terrific alternative to the T5. Love it, love it.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You don't say what year the trans came from, but if it's a pre-'65 it should have the same bolt pattern, trans to bellhousing, as the one now in your truck.

Been awhile since I have seen the underside of one, but I seem to recall your truck has mounts on the bellhousing so it would be helpful to retain that.

See if the clutch splines match, otherwise you'll need to swap clutch discs. The shift linkage can 'probably' be easily adapted. Driveshaft will probably have to crafted from those you have on hand. See a machine shop or driveline shop for that.

Install the control cable, wire up the solenoid and you awill be in business.

Ray