Register now to get rid of these ads!

shifter question..... longer arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evobuilder, Mar 10, 2013.

1. evobuilder

evobuilder

I have a TH350 with a B&M shifter installed and want to run a longer shifter arm. Anyone know if there is a univeral or other option to install a longer arm from the B&M shifter setup?
    I can always make something, but want to see what my options where first.
    Any ideas, let me know. There is a big swapmeet this weekend and I will bring my shifter arm there and see what I can match up, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know and thanks!!!

Eric / Evobuilder

And yes, I have checked out he B&M site and that proved to be completely useless.

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Hurst made long arm lever for the mid-60's Mopar bench seat cars. Might work.

3. Get ahold of Dashman here on the HAMB. He has alot of different styles of shifter arms he makes. Check out his website. www.dashman.net

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  4. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

5. evobuilder

evobuilder

hey Dashman....
    my concern is that the B&M Unimatic shifter shift arm is pretty different from other shift arms as it needs enough room at the end for 3 holes and not the standard 2. Have you ever done any of these for a Unimatic? I really want to do a 22" but just not sure if this will work. I have no issue doing some drilling, tapping, etc. but just not sure if there is enough solid material at the base.

Let me know and thanks!
    Eric (Evobuilder)

6. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

Can you post a pic of how it is mounted? Sometimes a handle bottom is sacrificed to mount a custom shifter to. A steel plate can be welded to it and the handle bolted to it. It may not work in every application but a lot can be done. Often the shifter boot will cover all the carnage and custom mounting that was done.

Dashman's Hot Rod & Speed Parts

www.dashman.net