Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy called psychotic reaction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ME.GASSER, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking for any information on the car listed. It was raced out of North Reading Mass. Was told that it ran at New England Dragway also in the early 70's. It was painted metallic green. Also it said Tony's Auto Specialties on the sides, Bruce's Tire on the front fenders and had special thanks to a list of friends on the trunk. A friend of ours is looking for any information he can find. We don't have a picture of the car to post. Sorry
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Gasser Girl

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. You might try getting hold of Jack Brady(churchkey here on the HAMB);he has a vast knowledge of New England race cars.Also; not on here but equally knowledgeable is Tom Steed;the parts manager at Liberty Chevrolet in Reading MA.He used to be the flagman(remember them?)at Sanford Maine and campaigned several cars over the years.

I seem to vaguely recall the car but have no idea who owned it.If it was out of North Reading,it may have belonged to someone from the Orientals Car Club.I think they are still active but there are not a lot of original members still alive.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you very much. We will follow up on this.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We now have a picture of this car. That's the new owner and our friend with the car Bruce Caswell of New Hampshire. The car was built in North Reading Mass. The gentleman who built it was either Tony or Anthony (don't know the last name) but he now lives in Willmington Mass. Any help on finding him would be greatly appreciated. Bruce would like to find as much history on the car as he can. Thank you[​IMG]

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

Awesome 55'! I'd like to see more too.

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it is pretty cool. He picked it up out of the Auto Hunter magazine for $1,500.00

9. Butch M

Butch M

cool car. love that old hood scoop..

10. I always have a psychotic reaction when I see vintage 55 race cars:D, good luck with it, CGM.:)

11. 64-TBOLT

64-TBOLT

update

the history info was found and the car was sold

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

I wouldn't fix a thing except what ever it takes to
    RUN IT down the strip / road.

:cool: