Register now to get rid of these ads!

42 Chevy Truck daily driver build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kudos on having your priorities straight. I hope your son heals up well, he's a good looking young man.
    Truck looks good, nice proportions with the shortened box, sits right too.

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Halfdozen, I will have to post some more pics as we take it on our journeys together. Actually all my kids (6 of them) can't wait for it to have the bugs worked out so they too can go for rides in it. :D

3. toolman1967

toolman1967

We will keep your son in our prayers. Enjoy the truck, We DO...and drive ours daily. As far as the Homeschool goes, we homeschooled our 3 children all the way through High School. All are honor students in College and my oldest graduated with honors. Keep up the good work and Love those kids!

4. Tell Geno to hang in and do whatever the doctor orders. I was diagnosed just before my 12th birthday, doctor let me stay hme for it, then to the hospital. I was released about a week later, then home-bound and schooled until end of school year. All summer, I had to stay "quiet", was monitored ECG's monthly, but was back to normal with 1/2 year. Here I am over 40 years later. Seemed hard at the time.

5. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Good to see a young man interested in our craft. Hope the best for his recovery.

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I show this to my boy and he smiled and said "See Dad I am gonna be fine" Thanks for posting this it helps him to know that it is something that can be overcome with doing what your supposed to do.

Thanks he actually has a 1930 Model A Vicky body and a 331 Chrysler Hemi for it :D. I got him a Brookville 32 grille for a late Christmas present. He hopes to have it done for his 16th birthday he is 12 now.

Yeah I have no problem doing this home schooling for him Thanks for the prayers we really appreciate them all. You guys here are great Thanks again everyone.

7. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

wow,awesome job on the truck! cool to see your son likes it as much as you.
    i have one on the back burner,after seeing your post i think its timeto lite the fire...

Attached Files:

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Nice truck T-buckethead :)

9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Here is a shot of the new radiator it's a 32 Ford aluminum 3 core set up for a SBC. It fits in like it should the only problem I have at the moment is the fill kneck is small and that makes it difficult to fill the thing. Other than that I am pleased with how well it fits in the truck.

[​IMG]

10. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well,I wanted to say thatnks for you have said a prayer for my boy. This past week we got some good news from the doctor one of the vavles in his heart is showing some signs of recovery. But he is still on a long road to recovery as of yet but hey we will take it :D .

As for the truck I finished off the bed the other day with some old barn wood I still have to get a rubber gasket for the windshield. the one that goes around it. I have a few small leaks that I need to address and thats it so far. I will get pics of the box
    in a few. The thing has been running good and is a blast to drive.

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

12. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Awesome truck. Looks great, I really like the wheel/tire/hubcap combo. It really makes the truck.

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks 1951Streamliner, yeah it helps to hide that it is on a S10 chassis pretty good :D

14. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Got the wood in and the panel to clean up the back and serve as the door for the battery box.

[​IMG]