Register now to get rid of these ads!

Supremes questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Where's everyone getting them these days? and any idea if a 14 x 7 reverse would fit a 61 Ford. I have never owned a car with 14's before pros and cons 14's vs 15's?

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Cons, not clearing disc brakes.

3. big creep

big creep

get 15, and careful about the cheap ones, the spokes do break at the weld point.

4. Some 205/75/15 skinny whitewall tires on 15x6 wheels would be a good fit. 14 inch tires are almost becoming obsolete. On a big 61 Ford, the 15 inch will be a good size.

Sorry no help for sources to buy new Supremes.

5. Premier wheels Norwalk,CA

6. I just bought Supremes for my car. Allied Wheel seemed to have the best reputation for quality. That's what I went with. Very happy with them. Truspoke also sells them.
    Todd

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

14" supremes cleared the 11" discs just fine on my 49 Chevrolet sedan.

going to put 14" American 5 spokes on my S-10

probably some that won't clear, but not all.

as for 14" vs 15" ... lower tires make the car lower. went from some big tall 15"s on my 49 to 14 x 6 Supremes and it dropped int an inch or so.

8. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

I would not use anything but a 205 70 15 on a 7 in rim looks better than a 75.

Jake

9. Guys Thanks for all the help. Man the cost sure went up in em. I really am swaying with the 14's. I can still find pinner radials....man sure are cheaper than WWW radials. The car sits nice now with 14" bias plys on it. Once I cut a coil out and out 2 inch blocks out back it should be perfect. No discs on this ride , power brakes but drums all around

10. I'm running 14x6's I got mine from Coys wheels at a very good prices. They have HORRIBLE service though.
    Todd

11. Can't find them on the coys site anymore

12. Your right. I don't see them either. They were a distributor for Allied Wheel Co. They have a website that lists a bunch of distributors. Todd

13. Heck I might just go with the chrome oe wheels. I was going supremes cause they were cheaper

14. [​IMG]
    Down wiff OE.

15. OE or Mickeys was how my hood rolled

16. koolkat269

koolkat269

So are those the 2 official beers of Mass?

17. God I hope not... that shit will make ya loopy....

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what is the back spacing on a 6 and 7" reverser supreme and what size skinny white wall 14" tires are people running

19. ryno

ryno

call true spoke, ask for dave, tell him ryno sent ya. hes an awesome dude.
    yes on the 14x7 rev, that's what i'm running in the rear on my unibody, with a 195/70/14 uniroyal pinner. 14x6 std in front 185/70/14 in front.be sure to check out the tri bar spinners true spoke just came out with too, bad ass. i just installed them.
    http://www.truespoke.net/Supreme.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

ryno, those look great.. thanks for info on the sizes.. if I can get 14" to fit over my recently installed Fatman MII disk brake front end that is the size I am going with.

How do the quality of those Tru's look, compared to Allied or Cragars versions

21. ryno

ryno

They clearly mm2 discs no problem.
    Quality is top notch. Yes they have the welded reinforcement tabs on the spokes too. You will not find a better company to work with,awesome customer service.

22. 54rat210

54rat210

Do they make 15 in supremes?

23. Thanks for all the help. I decided to stay with the 14's. The way I look at it 14 and 15's are a thing of the past..so tire choices will get smaller together. The Supremes are more costly than I remember, and while I do like them I want the car to be more "period correct" so I can get the Chrome Wheel Vintigues OE 14 x 6 for 500.00 shipped locally. Ill add some push thru bullets and chrome lugs. I found skinny whites good years at wal-mart in 14 205 75 for 67 bucks a piece. I'll post up pics when everything is up and mounted

24. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Looks like a good deal, thanks for that link ryno! I've been considering them for my galaxie but I'm not a wheel guru so I'm unsure if that backspacing on the 14x7's will work on my 62.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad