Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Attention Custom guys! What do you do with the back of a 58 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57JoeFoMoPar, Mar 15, 2013.

1. teddyp

teddyp

hi joe
    i gave vic a set of 59 bonnville taillights to repop a set with the cut if you want i,ll let you know when they are done

2. 2Hep

2Hep

Agreed!

3. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

4. I like the tailight treatment on the blue Fairlane in the folki link. I would have liked the overall treatment of the primered Fairlane posted by Swedevedette with two changes...delete the bullets on the tailight surround, and extend the rolled pan just an inch or so out for more shape. Imho, most of the '57 and '58 rolled pans have taken the easy route of just running tangent to the back fenders under the tailights..then just running straingt across with it. I'll try to post a pic of my '57 of the rolled pan I did with the pan actually having the same curve as the trunk looking down on it. It is not straight across, but has about an 1 1/4 crown to it, and extends past the old seam lines to blend with the side more. A subtle difference, but I think worth the (lots of) extra work.
    Also.to the guys sugesting moving the license plate..the gas filler is behind the plate..a nice feature I'd hate to lose. I for one wouldn't want the gas cap inside the trunk area for posible problems with fumes.

5. [​IMG]
    hmmmm...tried to copy the url from my hamb album pics. not working!!?? If I can't figure this out, the rolled pan pic is on page 2 of my gallery..I'm sure you guys know how to find that

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. lukey

lukey

Here is a photoshop that Zykotek did for me...62 olds taillights, 59 Chevy hood used for roll pan. ImageUploadedByTJJ1363699767.480227.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1363699780.329459.jpg
    This is the route I loosely want to go with mine in the next couple years

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

i was thinking the same thing...

It would take a shit ton of work, but t-bird tail lights and bumper would look right at home

[​IMG]

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

this suggests nerf bars that mimic the tail light ovals

The chevy pieces clash with the Ford ovals

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

10. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Do it, I think it would look amazing!

11. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

57 Buick lenses?

12. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

13. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Not a lot but some are good:eek::cool::D

14. '62 Olds lights are not flat, at least from sedans and coupes, they're curved slightly. You'd need to make some kind of metal housing for them to sit in inside there. Or take them apart and just use the centers.

What would be simple and not as hard to find is a pair of '59 Catalina lights. And those are flat with no chrome housing. Otherwise, one large light that fills the opening doesn't look bad there, and it's like an update to the car since some cars went that way later. Maybe a chrome grille across it like say '64 Gran Prix and other years had.