Register now to get rid of these ads!

***hot rod parts Thief Alert In gardner KS***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Yesterday we were browsing craigslist and found an ad for a 1941 chevy front clip, My brother needs one as his was stolen back in October of last year. Well after looking at the pics we realized it was his, He had rattled canned a thin layer of flat black paint on it, but you could still see the flames on the hood through the primer. So my brother calls the guy to setup a time to come look at it. well the guy must have got spooked because he calls back while we are on are way out there and says he can't do it today and he would call tomorrow. (keep in mind this was last night) Anyhow we contact the police in independence (where it was stolen from) As Gardner PD had to have permission from them to go investigate this. Anyhow after going back and fourth all night between police dept's we finally got gardner PD to go out there this morning, And the guy says he sold it. Which is a fucking lie!....As he had just got out of bed, And he wasn't answering his phone all night. anyhow the guys name is mike gammill his address is 634 valerie lane gardner ks 66030 and his phone number is 913-four33-650eight if you type it in just like that on kansas city craiglist you will seee the other stuff he is selling on there, my guess is stolen also, so if you have had hot rod items stolen from the area look at what he is offering on craigslist, you never know it might be yours. he will not answer his phone too me, as he knows I want my brothers front clip back. I think he moved it last night after he figured out we were the ones he stole it from, as he knew my brothers name, and by bro wasn't thinking to give him a false name when we first called him.

2. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

here are the pics of my brothers frontend that the theif had posted on craigslist, it even still has my brothers puke tank still on it, also turns out this guy is my brothers landlords nephew....If anyone in the area Knows this clown, please talk some sense into him, And convinc him to give back what he took.........I would pay a reward to get my brothers frontclip back. No strings attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. Scott F.

Scott F.

Good Luck in getting it back. At least you've found it. That's more than most even get. Very important to show restraint and work through this without getting yourself in trouble. Sounds like you're doing it right so far. Get to people that know him and get them to talk to this guy.

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

For the one person that is falsely accused, they create all kinds of laws that in the end protect the criminals.

If the police aren't even going to do a search, then you will have to take matters into your own hands. These aren't just parts that are easily replaced!

I say talk to your brothers landlord and explain that if he doesn't talk some sense into his nephew giving your parts back, you will include him on aiding and a bedding a criminal. How do you know that the landlord didn't let him know where the parts where? That's the first scare.

If the landlord isn't cooperative, then........

5. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Good luck! I know how aggravating this can be. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

There is a good chance that he just moved it to a friends house. Talk to the neighbors to see if they saw anything. Keep after the police to investigate it, as well as the local tv stations. Contact a layer to see if you can sue him for "selling" your stolen property.

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

We do think the landlord was in on it.......Right now I am trying to get a phone number for his mother her name is Geri Skogstad and lives in edgerton KS....If any of you computer investagators out there care to help me in my search for contact info on these people.....it would be much appericated. I am thinking his mom might be able to talk some sense into him. We have decided to try everything the right way first, Before taking the gloves off. My brother is crazy mad and wants to just go over there and talk to him, but I am afraid if he does there won't be much talking, And I told him, that is a last resort.

8. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

An axe handle properly placed against his knees would an ample reward

9. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

If you have good pics of the front end before it was stolen and the pics off of craigs list, take them to the cops and push it as hard as reasonable! GOOD LUCK Gary

10. I don't have a dog in this fight but posting phone numbers and dragging his family into this can come back on you,,defamation of character. HRP

11. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

you know where he lives, you have a baseball bat, it gets dark at night.

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

HRP,
    You are right and I thank you for the advise,..... But he is a thief!!....And I know there are stupid laws like that to protect the criminals. The police said If we push this all they way and go through a bunch of BS then he will go to jail, (And that is the route we will go if we have to) But I would rather just get the stuff back and let him go on living his misrable life....He knows what he is, And I would say his family does too, So I am not telling them anything they don't already know.

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, WALK the pics into the police dept today and demand to speak to a sgt. or ltnt. on duty if the desk cop won't cooperate in attaching the evidence to the police report. Get a name and phone # of the investigating officer and call him tomorrow for an update.

Check all the area dumpsters and behind stores, vacant fields, etc. in the neighboring area of this kids house TODAY, before the trash trucks start running Monday. Chances are, he dumped the parts rather than stash them at a friends.

Since you suspect the landlord is in on this; ask the other renters if they've had anything stolen. This should include any other rentals the landlord holds.

If this kid has a "real" job, someone might have to make an anonymous phone call to his boss, just to let him know he employs a common thief-and connect the dots if anything has been lifted at the work place.

Hope you get the parts AND hang the crime on him.

14. jazz1

jazz1

15. A Boner

A Boner

Tell your brother to talk to his landlord.

16. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

The clip will go to the crusher if the pressure gets too intense before you recover it... these scum usually panic and dump the stuff rather than take chances.

17. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Never give a thief your real name. Set up the buy and once you have your parts in hand dial 911 immediately and tell them you're doing a citizens arrest and need help fast.

18. Go knock on his door, bitch slap him, then hang him from his nuts
    Then call the police

19. 1arock

1arock

Obviously, you and your brother have much more restraint than I do. I would wait for him to come outside and CONVINCE him to give my shit back. My experience with the law in these types of matters is they will dick around until it is too late and then tell you there is nothing more they can do. There is nothing more frustrating than watching your stuff evaporate while the cops fart around and watch it happen. Been there done that and didn't even get a stinking T shirt, or my stuff back. Good luck.

20. kscarguy

kscarguy

You should also ask the cops to get a search warrant and simply look for it in his garage.

21. James427

James427
    BANNED

Cops work harder to protect the thieves than they do the parts owners. Ask me how I know this sad fact.

22. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

That is B.S. it is not the Police, it is the milk toast laws that they are saddled with,they also have to protect themselves from a law suit as does the O.P.:(

23. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

If he wont answer your phone go to wal-mart and buy a cheep pre-paid phone and give him a fake name. Tell him you saw it on there a few days ago and wrote his number down to call him back when you got a chance on your day off, make up a story that includes you having to drive some distance so he wont even think your the guy he stole it from. Set up the meeting and have the cops show up when you get there.
    More than one way to skin a cat and catch a thief.

24. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

We have tryed this, I had a buddy call him from oklahoma, And he says that he never had a 41 chevy front clip and someone must be using his number on craigslist. he thinks because he deleted the ad he can now hide from this. I text him and he did respond 1 time, And said he can prove the parts are not ours, And not to contact him again, However I responded and told him when you blow up the pics you can see the Jazz puke tank, And you can see the outline of the ugly flames my brother put on the truck, when he was driveing it under the cheap rattle can paint he sprayed over them. Also you can see the light grey primer where he ran out of black paint. the guy is a total idiot, 2 independence cops looked at the pics we gave them and they agree it is our frontclip. but in order to get him in jail we have to go through their BS process. we really do not care if he geos to jail or not, We just want our stuff back.

25. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

You should care if he goes to jail or not. WTF?
    Think about the next guy for cryin' out loud.

26. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Yup, If you can put this worthless heap in jail then you should do so, if not for yourself then the next guy. Next time it might be more than a few old parts...

27. so sad there was a read hear some time ago about a guy down in LA had the same issue went to the guys shop agreed to buy the parts told them he had to go to the bank. came back with the cops the guy had lots of hot parts. sadly i would guess the clip is long gone by now. Talk to next doors around his house somone seen him move the clip. DOCUMENTION !

28. kscarguy

kscarguy

Go through the moves, send him to jail, and sue him and the landlord who was in on the theft, for the value of the parts.

Also contact Craigslist to get their help. They can ID the computer IP address, and the location the posting came from. Catch him in his lies.

Tape record any conversations you have with him.

29. Fenders

Fenders

Ha ha that is funny, getting cops to do their job....
    and as for defamation, you cannot defame people whose characters suck.

30. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Get your shit back and pursue charges. That SOB needs to go to jail. The very least hes dealing in stolen property. Man I hate a thief. I hate when people dont want to pursue chrges when they get their belongings back because the thief keeps in business. If the cops arent doing anything speak with the lical states attorney, they are the ones who will pursue the case anyway.