Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I did a combination of all your ideas and....ended up using a rubber wheel that took it off like butter. A mechanic friend uses this tool in commercial applications. I will definitely post a picture of it as it is a great tool that everyone should have.

The chassis is completed and the wheels are on. Now it is up to Pete to put the mufflers on so we can start it up. The start date is projected to be this Thursday night.

Plenty of pictures were taken by Tio Geo and I'm waiting to see them posted.

2. AWESOME!
    Really cant wait to see the pics posted! You guys are legends!

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here are some amateur photos. I just previewed the pictures. I better not quit my day job to be a photographer. Where's a good photographer when you need one????
    More to come.

Attached Files:

4. ya know as a photographer you make a pretty good plumber

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The chassis is heading over to Pete's this morning for exhaust and a few other things. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

There are times when I walk by the chassis that I pause and just smile.:) Sounds silly doesn't it?

6. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Looking great Rick. Sounds silly, naw, I sometimes stand back and loo at my coupe and say, "I Like It". I remember the sounds TV used to make as he built headers. I think all of us that build these cars have a tendency to really appreciate our progress once in a while.

7. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

As it should be.... ;-) Killer Job! So much fun watching this come together!

~Robert M.

8. Not at all! Just wait until you get the body mounted and it makes loud noises. You won't be able to get the grin off of your face. You'll put a sofa in your shop so you can sit and stare at it.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Silly, no! If you let out a sort of girly giggle when you did, THEN it would be boarderline silly... But I still wouldn't call ya on it.

10. Silly no. After my roadster sat in the garage all tore apart after I had wrecked it. I started the resurrection. My wife would walk out into the garage and find me sitting in what ever shape it was in at the time with a big grin on my face. Its a car guy thing.

11. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Rick,

Squirt the doors so I can get them to Blume. He is already nervous and needs them before this weekend. He doesn't have any paint supplies at work any more, just vinyl lettering, so he is going to have to round up some supplies. Give me as many good photos of the originals as you can round up.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. Rick-
    If Blume can't get to them, call Brad King. He'll come to you, and he's fully equipped. Plus, he's dying to do something on the car!

Here's his number: 760-985-2379.

13. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick: It's looking good,

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Tomorrow is going to be another very good day. The radiator is being delivered and the doors are going to the sign painter as well as a few other odds and ends. Sorry no pictures but this weekend will be photo heaven!!!!

15. Is it the Brass works Rad????

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

No. A buddy of mine had an already modified original.

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

On the way to Pete's.

Attached Files:

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Thank you, guys (E & B et al.)!

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Anyone going to the Hot Rod deal at the Pomona Fair Grounds next weekend? Let me know so we can meet up.

20. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

The Snot Rocket and i are planning on going on saturday. Should be a good show

21. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Thinking about going Rick, if not heading to the River for much needed R&R

22. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Looks good. Nice work.

23. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Will try to tempt Netzeband. Maybe I can get him to work on the Stude, too.

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

What a great day! Pete and I got a lot done today and finished it off with Pizza and Antipasto. Just like we did the last time we built the car and from the same restaurant!

The exhaust is finished, drive shaft is in (thanks Pat), radiator is mounted, starter is in and rear end snubbers are in.

Tomorrow the wiring will be started and the fuel lines and pumps will be installed.

If all goes well, the body should be put on the chassis Monday.

Bill, Craig or George call me so we can set up a time for pictures tomorrow if any of you are available.

25. Looking great guys - you are making great progress - its a busy week ahead and I am following this closely - cant wait to see it done.

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Greg-
    It is guys like you and the rest of my "HAMB Brothers" that have kept me motivated during this long process. There were many times that I wanted to throw in the towel and let the Sedan become just another unfinished hot rod project but you guys have kept me on track.

All the posts helped in one way or another. The humorous and helpful ones were the best. Oh, I guess that's all of them.

FYI...Bill is coming by today to take and post pictures.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thanks everyone!

Rick

27. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Rick,

I'll see you this afternoon for some pictures.

28. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just got home from Pete's. What a great day!

I need to say thanks to the following for their help today.
    Scott, Snot Rocket, billsill45, CW's40TPU and most of all Pete!

Bill and Craig promised they will be posting pictures later.

I hope you enjoy them. We are getting close.