Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kasper Auto Trim...Milwaukee....'37 Ford Tudor Sedan Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Jan 21, 2013.

1. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Curt R....On that DonJean '57 Chev. I believe it is now owned by a Colorado kustom guy named Roger jetter. He also has some beautiful Caddy customs. Here is a somewhat recent pic' of the Chev

Also Curt. Do you know anything about that Olds custom the Startling Starfire. Some years back you and a couple of other guys were on the trail of the car. Anything ever happen with that hunt ???

www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com ---

Attached Files:

2. All the same car for sure....Roger is an active HAMB Member. I remember the first version of the '57 as the "Black Rose". It looks like Kaspers Ghost sitting behind it. The chopped '46 was way over the top with a huge matching trailer. I have pics somewhere for one of the last Mid-Century Mercury Club shows at the UW Parkway Campus....I'll look. Centurion9

3. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Also Curt. Do you know anything about that Olds custom the Startling Starfire. Some years back you and a couple of other guys were on the trail of the car. Anything ever happen with that hunt ???

SStarfire3-vi.jpg

I remember when Curt and pops brought it home and it was to long for the garage. Thought somebody was working on it, sure Curt will know for sure.

4. twochops

twochops

The Startling Starfire is owned by Rick Klibenski of Jackson Mi.
    TwoChops

5. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Attached Files:

6. rockabilly53

rockabilly53

Coolest local history ive read...nice pix

7. I think the guy in Michigan has had the SS for a few years, not much progress has been reported. Hope the SS hasn't been shoved in the corner and dies.

this picture was a while after your Pops and I brought the SS home. Made it good for street driving. Had fun.

Curt R

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  8. there is lot of hot rod and custom history for Wisconsin. I'm always looking for pictures and info about early Wisconsin rods and customs. So far, I have pictures starting in the early 50's.

Glad your enjoying.

Curt R

9. keep the cool stuff coming. Love knowing Milwaukee was a cool place.

10. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

That's a great photo, thanks for sharing Curt. Just a normal day when I was a kid, now you guys wonder why I want to drive a dragster on the street.

I'd love to see more of your photo stash, takes time and effort to scan, load, and post. I need to scan dad's photo album too.

11. dkasprzyk

dkasprzyk
    from wisconsin

Hi all, Kasper's Pear was my fathers car. I will dig up some photos and tell a few stores in the weeks to come. Thanks for remembering the car. Dad is still upholstering cars at 76 years old.

12. Good to have you here too....I know your Dad did some great cars....I watched many of them being done. As close as I came to having a Kasper Auto Trim job done was when he upholstered a set of seat cushions for a refinished Oak Dining Room Set I did. They were done in Royal Purple Diamond Tuft Velvet....he was still in the old shop. :) Centurion9

13. dkasprzyk

dkasprzyk
    from wisconsin

Would be cool to find the 37 ford and resurrect it.

14. Hello Don,
    welcome aboard

Curt R

15. kwhizz

kwhizz

Donny......Get those Pic's posted.......LOL

16. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any more pics of the "Little One" '40?

17. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

There's gotta be some people with pictures from the old Mid-Century Mercury car club.
    I don't know if that club exists anymore, but there were a lot of great cars in it from that area.

18. I have a bunch of those MCMCC photos somewhere...I'll begin to scan some next week. In the meantime, Milwaukee...I've still been looking for anyone remembering the '41 Packard Clipper that spent most of it's time on 14th and Oklahoma at Jerry Rakowskis' (sp) Phillips 66 Station along with his Bright Yellow 40 Chevy Coupe and eventually a 30's Ford Chopped Pickup with Stained Glass Side Windows...Same Yellow. He moved his Station and the cars to a location right near the NightOwl on Layton Avenue in the early '60's....Here's a pic of a Stock '41 Clipper for reference. His car was really low for the time, Metallic Light Greenish-Gray, Silver and Rust Scallops, Narrow Whitewalls and Corvette Hubcaps, No Skirts....Centurion9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Yup, I remember the station. I think it was on the south side of Oklahoma Ave, and even though it was closed it lasted there into the 70's I think. I always thought it was odd that the station was on 14th, when 13th was the busy street.

That location they moved to was I think just east of the night owl, on the east side of the steak house. And I think it's torn down now (the station, not nite owl), about the same time they tore down Al's (RIP) after his stupid ex wife stole the place and sold the property for the land. :(

That would be sorta almost across the street from what used to be called "Inspiration Point" at "Mitchell Field"
    ...now it's paved and nice and bigger and.....not so private anymore.

I miss the old days

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  20. Me too...but you're right on the money.

21. Denny Allante

Denny Allante

I am happy to say that Carl is bulding an interior right now for my custom one of a kind Allante and looking forward to getting back into the 2013-014 winter show circut with his latest interior creation.

22. hallrods

hallrods

I just talked to Don Kasprzyk the son of Kasper I turned him onto this post he is interested in getting it back