Register now to get rid of these ads!

*HELP LOCATING* 1931 Model A 392 Hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KurseD, Feb 11, 2013.

1. KurseD

KurseD

Trying to help a friend locate his old toy. 1931 Model A with 392 Hemi. 1957 Chrysler rear, torqueflite trans with a push button shifter. Last seen in MD in the mid 70s, originally from VA. If anyone sees it, contact me here or via phone @ 540-292-7651 or e-mail [email protected] Thanks guys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KurseD

KurseD

*BUMP*

Anyone ever seen this one?

3. flathead okie

flathead okie

Pics don't show for me.

4. Very cool rod, good luck in your search!

5. KurseD

KurseD

6. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Contact the members from Ramrods. A few are on here. They used to run the World of Wheels show in MD and could possibly know more about the car/owner.

7. KurseD

KurseD

Thanks for the tip.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even if the Hemi was gone from the car those tail lights and the east coast build should be distinctive details if it is still in close to that form.

The thing is that after that long the car could have been redone to the point that even your friend wouldn't recognize it if he walked up to it. That car could be a black highboy coupe on these very pages now with the only tell tale sign being that you could see the patches where the tail lights had been from the inside of the trunk. It was a cool car at that time and I think it may have even been in one of those east coast little rod mags that we got for a quarter back in the 60's.

I've seen the back end of it in show coverage somewhere, probably in the 70's unless someone else did quite similar lights.

9. KurseD

KurseD

There are a few things that may still be the same. The roof opening was welded shut and it was running the Chrsyler trans with push button shift along with the Chrysler rear. Also had the rear wheel wells cut out for axle clearance.