Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Amelia Island Concours March 10th, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnichols, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

The 1952 caddy roadster was amazing

2. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Sorry to rat you out there Bro...Awesome pics per usual. I hope everyone appreciates them as much as I do !!!

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yeah that's a 57 or 58 Cadillac Eldorado, there are very minor differences between the two years, I don't know what they are, the pillar where the doors meet are the same and a remarkable feat of engineering.

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for posting your pics Gary! Good thing I didn't see that tent with all the cool models!$

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh man we did, bought two little ones for my kid and the Minichamps LaSalle11, spent too much money.

6. MAN I hate that I've missed this the last couple of years. Got to get back there!
    Thanks for the great pics guys!

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Guess not. :(

8. bonesy

bonesy

Thanks for all the pictures. What an outstanding looking day!

9. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for sayin so. It kills me there are 2000 views of this thread and only a handful say thanks. :confused:

10. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Maybe you should just skip it altogether. Instead, post some more fake "barn finds" and "what's this worth" ??? Ha Ha

11. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Add another tip o' the hat. Nice Healey 100S picture there. Also good to see Nads in there with the big boys. Went to Amelia a few years ago, it really is an incredible event.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

thanks, I appreciate them.

13. Cool coverage. Thanks!

14. South_paw

South_paw
    from America

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

16. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

To all of you who have posted, I can't thank you enough. Do not think that your efforts are not appreciated.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

17. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"22 Miller race cars in the show" Wow, what a historic moment. Anyone that has had the opportunity to work on/touch a Miller, understands how special they are. To see 22 at one event is beyond comprehension.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

18. Domiracer66

Domiracer66
    from The Mil

<a href="http://s1133.beta.photobucket.com/user/zellmannia1/media/image-2_zpsd52f8081.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

A pope worthy perfect circle - Giotto di Bondone

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. adventurer

adventurer

wonderful pics....thanks

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I have a beef, if you're going to spend hundreds of thousands on restoring a car why would you put vinyl decals on it when the signage on the car was originally hand painted?

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

PS, I'm not talking about the Miller pictured above.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Excellent question, that would bother me too, there are lots of craftsmen that could correctly letter any vehicle out there. Bob

23. Special Ed

Special Ed

Just for the sake of argument, perhaps they wanted "removable" signage so that it can be displayed either with, or without?
    Thanks for the great pics ....

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The Corvette once campaigned by Mickey Thompson had vinyl lettering on it, it was restored as his race car, it would have had painted graphics.

25. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It was also mentioned that the M/T 427 mystery motor was safe at home, not in the car. :(

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been looking forward to these photos since the thread started. Thanks for sharing gents and thanks for sharing photos of so many of the different cars so those of us who are still dreaming of going can see what was there.

That is one of the few shows were every vehicle in the show is there because it does have real history and just because it is old, has a high end restoration or belongs to a prominent collector.

27. roadwarrior32

roadwarrior32

This might be a little off-topic, but the beautiful Auburn speedster, on page two of this thread, started as a wild '40's custom. It had '34 Cad fenders, '36 Ford frame, Corvair front suspension [installed backwards], and a Nash grill! It also had an authentic Auburn speedster body on it. I traded a really nice '32 Ford phaeton for it. I also got an Auburn victoria from some Auburn collector, and was going to build a stock speedster out of it. I already owned an original '33 speedster, so the urge to do all that work wasn't that great. Chris Mahoney stepped up to the plate and, as you can see, did a hell of a nice job!

Attached Files:

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^ Thanks! That info makes the restoration that much more interesting. Job well done. Bob

29. OH, LAWDY!!!

Thanks to everyone who posted pics for us to enjoy. That collection of Millers was
    mind-boggling.

Hope my brother in Jax got to go.

30. tjm73

tjm73

Had a 350/350 in it too I think. It was a long time ago when the restoration started.

They did alright. The gavel dropped at $300,000. I watched that car get resurrected. I remember very clearly when my Father ran the air nibbler over that custom to cut away the non original sheet metal. My Uncle made a lot of wood for the body. It was painted in my Dad's Ford dealership by his former employee Don Follett. Donnie is one hell of a body man. One of the best in the area. He works for another former employee of my Dad's now. The engine was rebuilt by my father's friend out in Ohio. The rest of it was rebuild, restored and reassembled in a 1.5 car garage outside my parent's house. As was the L-29 Cord they sold last year at the same auction.

Who ever the buyer is, they got an absolutely gorgeous car.