Register now to get rid of these ads!

crusty 1954 chevy hardtop value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Easyspeed, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Easyspeed

Easyspeed
    from USA

Hey guys, I need a bit more insight here. I've been looking for a solid project. My interests keep turning me back to the 53-54' 2 door Chevy's. Now I've found a 54 hardtop BA. It's running and driving, has new fuel tank, lines, and brakes. Paint looks like rattle can black primer and the door bottoms and fenders need some patching. There has been some sheet metal already patched and there are new bumpers included. Trim is all there too. Original interior is there but rough. These are things I can take care of, but I'm not wanting to over pay for a project. So, any ideas on an offer?, he's asking 6500 and I'm thinking that's steep for a project.

2. Photos help but yeah the price is too high. HRP

3. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I say too high. Go to my personal page to find info on mine and look at photos. Also project; but I have driven it a lot. I paid $5,200.00. Although not BA, HT, I wouldn't pay much more for it if it were.

4. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Yeah, definitely hold off. 6500 you should get a decent cruiser, with "driver" quality paint.

Found a nice 53 ford 2 dr, with an bit older restoration job, and 302 for about the same money, could probably be had cheaper.

There are few cars I would go through patching again, and spend 5K + on the original price. Early chevies like that wouldnt be on that list.

5. R Pope

R Pope

If all the glass is good and you want to run it stock, it should be worth at least half that!

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

seems high...

7. JSanford1974

JSanford1974

Yep...he's high in my opinion. I HAD my 53 210 hardtop for sale for awhile. I wanted $7500 for it. New paint, new brakes. Some new glass. SOLID car. Needed no work at all. Driveable as is. New chassis engineering mustang II and rear end install kit NEW IN THE BOX that went with it. I also had a complete hydroboost setup for the car. All I got was lowballers and jackasses. If it needs any work, I would be in the $3k range or lower.

8. Easyspeed

Easyspeed
    from USA

Here are a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

According to this thread, I overpaid; but not complaining or trying to be smart@ss. But after looking at your photos, I would not pay more than I did. Considering what JSanford says, I would pay less. I do like HT though. But you have to consider what it's worth to you after getting info from this thread.