Register now to get rid of these ads!

Marty Strode is coming for YOU!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, May 6, 2011.

1. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is a Track Roadster I built about 10 years ago. Thought the Hemi and Track roadster enthusiasts on here might be interested.

Attached Files:

2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is the finished product, the owner called last week and told me it has 18,000 mi. now.

Attached Files:

3. Marty I knew of you from the roadsters in recent years, then through your posts learned of your place in Nostalgia racing history. I want to say thanks, you have done some cool stuff that inspires many of us!

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Keep making them, please! Gary

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Gary,I will post pics of the other 8 as we go along. Got a little surprise for you coming up also.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Oh, wow. Is it one of your roadster chassis with a 26-27 coupe body? Or... a pickup? Can't wait. Gary

7. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Gary, now that you mentioned it, this is a Supermodified I am building for a friend, it will get a wide 5 champ rear, and either a 383 Merc with 6 two's or a sbc. However that is not the surprise in store for you!

Attached Files:

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Marty,
    You probably won't remember this, but a few years ago I spoke to you about doing a coupe in roadster form. Back then, I think you thought I was crazy for asking! Sands of time... Gary

9. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Wow!!! Any chance we could get some pictures of one Nekkid without the aluminum body panels.
    Got my mind racing, use it for the HAMB drags, put a Bantam body on it and run roadster class at Bonneville and Wilmington, maybe set up some grudge matches locally.... I've got the stuff to one started laying around in my shop.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Limey, Here you go.

Attached Files:

11. rick finch

rick finch

Marty Sroude? Never heard of the dude...:D

12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

So what is next "Marty Who ?" shirts

13. rick finch

rick finch

Hahahaha...Hi Marty.:D That could be arranged my friend.

14. willymakeit

willymakeit

This is a great thread. Keep posting

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is for you "Custom Guys", an old shoebox I had in my shop, back in the mid 80's. Made a few minor alterations to the seat height and the shifter. It had the 351 Ford in it then.

Attached Files:

16. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Ron Courtney's X-51. When Bob Page finished it later on he drove it from Sacramento to Portland and gave Ron the keys and told him to take her for a spin.
    Mike

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

More Track Roadster stuff.

Attached Files:

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Tuff Tin, These pics were taken when John Corno owned it for the second time. I am sure I could have bought it then, but who knew ?

19. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Thanks Marty. Still wearin' my "Orange Crate" T.
    Mike

20. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Yeah! Bob Page of Elk Grove bought it and went thru it. At my first run I did in Sisters in 1990, Bob showed up with the car.
    Mike

21. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

After doing sheet metal work in race cars and hotrods, firewalls, floors, tunnels etc, building the parts from steel and aluminum for over 35 years. I have always wanted to learn to "pound out" compound shapes. What you see here is my attempt to teach myself to do it. I start on a simple part, a cowl steering "bubble" on a friend's Bonneville race car, a 27 roadster. Notice how I got carried away with the annealing process. I thought I would try to save it. This will be in (2) posts.

Attached Files:

22. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is the completed part. As you see, I got lucky on the center hole, just made it. I used a HF planishing hammer, it is a real learning experience and fun to do. I will follow with the rest of the project, hood scoop and other parts and panels.

Attached Files:

23. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This installment shows, fab and installation of the hood scoop and blower drive cover. I built the hood and side panels for this car a couple of years ago. The owner has since changed from a Ford 'A' engine to a Dodge 4 with a blower. As you see many changes were needed.

Attached Files:

24. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here is the completed hood modifications.

Attached Files:

25. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I fabricated some splash aprons for a 29 roadster today. The photos will be in (2) installments. I started with some .063, 3003 aluminum sheet, ran a bead on two sides of each sheet. Next I bent the sheets around a 1.75" tube die in the brake. They were installed and the body mtg holes were marked and punched.

Attached Files:

26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

They are now fitted and finished, I am still considering where to terminate them on the back end. They are 4.75" high

Attached Files:

27. Rich Scanlan

Rich Scanlan

You want to talk about old times? Marty and I were neighbors back in our high school days. Marty, how the heck are you? Haven't seen you since we were racing Vespas and Honda 50s. Yes, guys, I knew Marty when he shadowing his big brothers, learning how to build "beach buggies". I have a lot of stories. Maybe a few I won't tell. You have really done good...I'm proud of you man.
    Rich

Marty Strode likes this.
  28. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Rich,
    I have thought about you often, here are some shots from back then. I have a movie of you and I racing the Vespa and Honda on the highway out in front of my house. I also remember when the "State Police" caught us and gave us a talking to. We will have to get together soon. Mel Smith and his club "The Igniters" are going to come up for a shop tour this spring, maybe you could come along. See you soon!

Attached Files:

29. 40coupefan

40coupefan
    from Trumann,AR

Marty what's with the meat cleaver collection?

30. oj

oj

thats an interesting bead roller you got there Marty, can you increase pressure as you roll? Is that an air diaphram on top? I never seen one of those, how about a shop tour?