Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Humble Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by the75Stingray, Sep 20, 2005.

1. After reading another post in here I realized I never threw my introduction out, so here it goes...

I'm a 38 year old kid with a bad habit...cars.
    I just sold my '66 Ford Fairlane that I had owned since '83.
    I still have my '75 Stingray that I've owned since August of '85.
    And purchased my dream car, a tan colored lowered '48 Ford coupe last year.

Thats where my story takes a crappy turn...

Like I said, I sold my trusty Fairlane. (The day before the Goodguy Nats in Columbus).
    Well, on my way home from Columbus I blew the flattie in my '48.
    I was able to find a good block and took it to the local Flathead guru, but still don't have my engine back.

Looks like I'll be walking to the James Dean / Ducktail runs this weekend and I'm really bummed about that.
    But, I guess that is the price one has to pay if he wants to keep the flattie in the ride.

Everyone told me when I bought the car that I should yank the flattie and drop a small block Chevy. "Flatheads are no good."
    Only, the second thing outta their mouths was, "Let me know when you take it (the flathead) out, I'd like to buy it." Uh-hu...I see.

I've got a tiki fetish and had a tiki pinstriped on the trunk at James Dean last year. I plan on getting a little creative, within reason...if and when I get some more money.

Anyway, thanks for the help with the rear end question. I really enjoy the forum and just reading all this stuff. Man it's a lot to take in!

Hope to meet up with some of you in the future.

-Stingray

2. Thanks Hack, but you'd have to add an 8 infront of the 500 and I'd part with the Vette. I've actually listed it for sale for that reason. These damn Flatheads cost some money!

Thanks bro!

3. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.