Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who the heck built this killer 40 coupe????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hatch, Aug 17, 2012.

1. AdrianS

AdrianS
    from California

At least it's not over sloped and has "good flow"... I got murdered by mistaken identity today. Hahaha. Love this place!

2. Wow i just dated myself. I am fairly sure i saw this black merc getting it's roof lowered at Deans shop. It's a very nice looking merc for sure and it is not Adrains blue merc for sure as i have seen his up close.

Adrain if your bored this saterday cruise your merc to the Green river 91 custom show.

GB Erickson
    Extreme Kustoms
    951 678-3520

3. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Definately a nicer ride in black.

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I know the car and have some wheel time in it.
    What Terry tells on the show / info board is the basic story except for one thing.
    When Dick dean did the car it was also put on an olds chassis.

McMullen had the chassis work done by my friend the late Paul Lohrey who (IMO) fixed the car … returning it to a Merc frame along with MII sbc TH400 …….
    After that it sat on 14's” with medium ww.

When Terry started driving it he thought that it needed to be on 15's” and have a more traditional WWW tire.
    I agreed … plus it sat a bit low in the front.
    I did the new 15” w 670 silver towns - raised the nose 2” and modified the repop Mcvay sombreros....that it rolls now.

It looks like Tim (Pauls son) has done some freshening up on it recently....they have done the most good for the car over the years.

[​IMG]

This is it (before new wheels and tires) when I had it at Billet Proof next to my dads 40
    Its a great car IMO ... id love to own it and id never put skirts on it.
    There's only a few thing id ever change … id ditch the (to wide) MII front end - id put the headlight rings back on and it needs vent windows.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. Your car looks fine, maybe not the same chop and the trim and stock headlights give it a way different appearance but it looks fine. To chop any '39-'40 coupe and not end up with an abortion takes a real pro and yours certainly is not an abortion.

6. lawman

lawman

Wow, That is a very nice ride !!!!!

7. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Of course Rik has pictures and info on it, not sure there is a custom that has been to a car show he does not have pics or info on.

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

And I like them better without---does that mean we cancel???

9. AdrianS

AdrianS
    from California

Thank you sir. I love it but I know most of us look at our cars for a minute and think of ten things we would change. It was more fun reading comments when it's not mine... 😬 This is a great forum.

10. AdrianS

AdrianS
    from California

Thanks, I'd love to check it out but its the Rod Run in Temecula on Saturday. Wish I knew earlier. A

11. Only way to inprove it was if it was mine! Awsome car!

12. And yes that blue one is tits also!

13. sololobo

sololobo

Smokin Merc, with some great creds! Love those T.D.'s ~sololobo~

14. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Sorry,but the shiny black one with skirts is kickass.

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It's the angle of that photo. Look at his avatar, looks perfect. I've been walking around my heap lately setting up appearances. It's near impossible to make it look perfect from every angle. Get it looking just right, move two feet to the left and everything changes.