Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '62 Buick Special "Ellie Mae"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lizzie, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lizzie

lizzie

So, I bought another car, and totally forgot to post about it! (I've been too busy drivin the hell out of it!)

1962 Buick Special with the original 198 V6 Fireball, running and driving, and when I bought her, she had 39,327 miles on her.
    Garage Kept, loved and kept up, and kept in a garage except to drive to car shows in after it was someone's grandmother's grocery getter.

And now it's my daily :)

Her name is Ellie Mae, I bought her almost a month ago and i've put about 400 miles on her by now just out cruising every chance I get. (I spent a whole day just driving around aimlessly because me and the kiddo felt like a drive and the sun was shining.)

This is the day I brought her home-

[​IMG][/IMG]

This is the morning after, parked up in the grass. I actually sold the Marauder a few days before to a pal of mine with a body shop, She was just there waiting for him to come and drive her home.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

This is by far the cutest engine I've ever seen. It's so adorable!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I'm grounded (says me) from buying anymore cars until I get that Desoto goin....but damn, it's just so much fun buying them!

I've had to replace a radiator hose that was too large for the engine compartment that was there when I bought her ( and caused a lovely little mess when the generator chewed it up all nice while I was driving it home), I threw in a new thermostat and I'm rebuilding the carburetor jsut because it's never been done and could use it. (Plus my boy just turned 5 and it's about time he learned how to start rebuilding carburetors, so learning tool!)

I've got to replace the heater core, but other than that everything works. Including the lighter and the radio. I only get the Mexican radio station in on the AM radio, but I listen to it because....well, I just don't have the heart to put in another stereo. If I feel the need to listen to my normal music I toss my laptop in the car and off I go.

I'm not doing a damn thing to her appearance wise except for a teensy bit of pinstriping on the nose, the paint stays as is, and so does everything else. She's perfect just the way she is.

I have been like a kid in a candy store with this one, thanks for lookin! :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. BSL409

BSL409

Very Cool.
    I have a FM converter ill sell PM me if inter

3. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I'm glad you got something you could drive till ya get the Chrysler going. That Buick fills the bill.

4. lizzie

lizzie

I was driving the Marauder for a while there, but I like having a 4 door as a daily a little better. Plus the Buick is 10X better on gas mileage, without me having to get one of those hideous newer cars, so more cruising for less $$$ (Which saves more money for the Desoto, win win!) Plus The Marauder went to someone I KNOW will keep up on her, which I'm happy about because I can't bear to sell one of my babies to someone I think will abuse them or send them off to the evil crusher. :)

5. philo426

philo426

Talk about a true survivor!It had to be garaged and well cared for to look so good!

6. TexasDart

TexasDart

maybe paint the roof a different color to give it some bling...a little metal flake would be fine. :) Nice car.

7. DON'T PAINT IT GREEN!!! hahaha

Question....what is just to the right of the ignition? I just have a hole there. Cigarette lighter?

8. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

That is one Nice Buick you have there.It was very nice of the PO to keep it in such good shape for you.

9. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Great "little" car, Enjoy the ride!
    KK

10. TexasDart

TexasDart

maybe green with some orange accents...bob.

11. noooooooo!

12. kavvmxuh

kavvmxuh
    from london

I'm glad you got something you could drive till ya get the Chrysler going.[​IMG]

13. toucan

toucan
    from sc

drive it and have fun,it looks great!

14. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

i like the speedo! kool car

15. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

That's a nice lil ride buddy..

16. lizzie

lizzie

Yep, cigarette lighter. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  17. I have a '63 Skylark that spent 40 years in a garage.
    35k on the 215 V8 4bbl.

Neat cars!