Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is The Lobeck Shop Closed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ONEOFF, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I know Barry passed, Very sad. But I was wondering if the shop is still in business? I have looked on line and There is only info on the location. Was wondering if they still sell his parts. Thanks fellas

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sorry to hear they are closed, although I knew something was wrong. Barry and the shop always treated me great, with top notch parts, service and very fair prices. They will be missed.

3. With that name and reputation - not to mention all the equipment - its a shame no one stepped up to carry it on.

:(

4. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I have heard that the guys that built the chassis for Lobecks have went out on their own but cannot confirm that and also heard that the Chassis Shop was for sale but the inventory did not match up to the asking price. Hopefully someone will confirm or give the actual details.

5. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

This is news to me! I got to work in his Springfield, OH location for a time. He was a really neat guy.

6. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Not sure which part is news to you. If it's of Barry's passing, its been 2 years now. As for the business end of it, I do know that his right hand man Danny Tesar (SP?) and Larry Brunkala opened Precision Hot Rods and Fabrication to build chassis. They are in Macedonia, OH not far from the old Lobecks location.

7. littlebluecoupe

littlebluecoupe

God I miss him and his Jack!

8. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

Lobecks retail shop is still open. Barry's widow, genny, is still running the day to day business and is selling parts. My dad worked there for the last year helping her clean up the shop and get all organized. She is there almost every day selling parts or taking phone orders. We still buy parts from her almost every week. The body shop has been leased out to a group of guys running a body/collision repair shop, so no hotrods are being built there anymore, but she still has inventory to sell. Give her a call if you need parts.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

????

Which info is correct ??

10. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

Matt,
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Guys,
    It is true Dan and I have opened a new shop "Precision Hot Rods and Fabrication, Inc.". We are doing all of the same chassis that Dan did at Lobecks as well as many others. Mark Mindzora who ran the bodyshop for Barry and Ginny also came with us. So we offer customers everything they could get before.

Since the first of the year we have added two other former Lobeck employees to the shop. Business has been good, and we hope to keep expanding.

We will be upstairs at Detroit with a 32 Ford 5W (1940 Packard Blue), so stop by and say hi if you get a chance. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. The best way is to call or e-mail the shop. As I don't have much time to get on the Hamb anymore.

Thanks,
    Larry

11. It's great to know that some of the lineage and talent from Lobeck's shop will carry on.

12. I don't know about the shop,but I just recieved parts about 2 weeks ago.I talked to Ginny on the phone.

13. papastoyss

papastoyss

We visited your shop w/ the Street Rodder Road Tour last Sept. & were impressed. THANKS for your hospitality!

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Larry, I'll be giving you and Mark a call. I am a case worker for an orphan that would like to know more about his sister....

[​IMG]

15. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

A old friend told me The did a reproduction run of the SW dash inserts with gages...I was just curious if this item was still around?

16. alchemy

alchemy

I have a repro SW Ensign panel made by Lobecks. It's made of stainless steel, and looks exactly like a real SW panel. I didn't buy the gauges or the engine turned insert then though. I bought it from Barry himself when he had his trailer at the Des Moines GoodGuys probably 15 years ago. No idea if they still have any, but a call to Ginny Lobeck might find an answer.

17. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

would be great if someone could post a phone number or email for Ginny Lobeck. Thanks

18. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

why?

I used to pick up frame rails at his Oakwood village store. Great guy to talk to. Very down to earth.....

19. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

i own a 34 coupe that was built in the shop and needed to find a paint code. Larry was able to help so I am all set.

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

lobecks may be still selling parts, but they are not paying there bills, ginney has refused to answer calls and letters about her past due bills,

so if your listening ginny how about paying up???

ems automotive 216-541-4585

the ems guy