Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dolphin fuel gauge needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1great40, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

With the final shakeout of the bits and pieces of my 40 pickup underway, it has come to my attention that the gas gauge doesn't work. It's from Dolphin and I called them and sent the gauge to them. They got back to me saying that the gauge is bad and that it's no longer made and the new series of gauges don't match the style of what I'm using in the truck presently. While they did offer a decent price for a complete set of new gauges, I'm wondering if anyone has an older Dolphin fuel gauge for sale, white face, black letters and pointer, chrome bezel and curved glass. I'd post a pic but the gauge is still at Dolphin.

Thank you!

2. fxcomet

fxcomet

I have one but it doesn't work either.:rolleyes: Those of us who have had the misfortune of working with these pieces of crap should not be surprised. They were on my Willys when I bought it, BTW. The Voltage and Oil Pressure gauge had already been replaced with another brand because they stopped working, too.

3. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Thank goodness for standard gauge diameters! maybe I'l be changing everything at some point. Lots of guys have them so when I found a set for a decent price at a swap I figured what the heck. May be I'll' replace them one at a time with AutoMeter or somethig