Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Pulled out the summer clothes and packed up the jackets. Yes i wore shorts today. Washed my truck and drove it today

2. flat-v8

flat-v8

Friday finally got my YOM tags registered, Saturday drove my truck on the hiway for the first time, now I'm pissed, when it's screaming for another gear at 35-40 mph and I only have 3! I didn't know till now that what I have is a 4.44:1 gear set. Sucks, I have a stump puller, not a hiway cruiser! So now I'll be looking for a banjo rear end with 3.78:1 gears, I thought I was finished with this project!

3. hellerods

hellerods

I installed Lakewood bellhousing, new flywheel, clutck& presure plate, etc., then the Muncie and linkage, measured to extend driveline, then worked on block sanding the front fenders, then went to the yard to pull some weeds and do some watering.

4. sals54

sals54

I've been working on culling the herd. I've got too many cars and 3 of them have got to go. I got the 56 2 door wagon listed in the Cruisin News for this month, then I worked on the 62 Studebaker GT which is going to get sold on evil bay. Its a V8 4 speed car with a Skytop sunroof. And then I worked on my house for the remaining 6 hours. Moving headers to change door locations, adding a header above the front door and framing up the kitchen window. Other than that, I was just lazin' around.

5. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boxed up a bunch of crap--er, I mean, reasonably priced high-quality items--to bring to the Portland Swap meet. :D

6. Muttley

Muttley

Started to give the underside of my trunk braces the "Swiss Cheese" treatment.

7. bigm

bigm
    from Orange, CA

Continued block sanding the undersides of my hood panels and firewall. Hope to get paint on before the rains come back.

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

I read thru all these posts and am glad to read that things are getting DONE!

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Put everything on hold and went to the Texas Thaw.

10. Washed 3 months and 5000 miles of gear oil and crud off the inside of my right rear wheel then figured out that I didn't need a new rear axle, just the proper axle seal.

Headed to the garage now to slap it back together. Spring is coming. Its time to ride!

11. jesse1980

jesse1980

Cut out front floor pans, put new tail light bezels , install grill assy, this was yesterday

12. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

i completly cleaner my system (stomach flu)

13. Nothing HAMB worthy. I have been geting my scooter ready for inspection and chasing gremlins. I think I caught one of the. ;)

Other then that not a whole lot.

14. Mikes27T

Mikes27T

Got the trans cooler mounted and made up the cooler lines on my 27 T .

15. GREASER815

GREASER815

I walked around Chicago world of wheels, talked all day, and picked up some motivation to get going again after winter.

16. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Helped a buddy do some rewiring on a '41 Ford pickup he just bought. Got it running and had it on the road. First time in 5yrs.

17. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Spent the day fixing my daily driver. Oh well, working on a car at least! Freaking cold here. Haven't seen the sun for a while. Come on Spring.

18. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Helped a friend get a 390 w/c-6 combo picked up and loaded then dropped off in his shop for a fairlane project.

19. Fitted the under floor brake pedal assembly in my 34 and fitted a brace in the rear for the roof support.

20. j hansen

j hansen

Changed the brake hose,tie rod and did the pesky king-pin job on the De Soto

Attached Files:

ConceptVehicleDesign likes this.
  21. I realize that these might not be necessarily HAMB friendly 5 spokes but I think they're a big improvement over the tacky Budniks that I yanked off it this morning.
    Any opinions?
    These are 18's............let the shit storm begin!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  22. The old rims

Attached Files:

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I dislike the new ones less than the old ones. ;)

24. I woke up.I went down town to look for a job.I hung out in front of the drug store...

25. Started going through some stuff I collected as a kid Recently got this big box from my folks house as the estate is being sold .any way found a 1957 calander From Barclays Phillips 66 Springfield Mo, Guess what the dates all match Up to 2013.-- 1912 Cheverolet Royal Mail roadster pic for March & April ;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  26. elba

elba

Finished installing king pins in my Econoline pickup

27. Fixed the steering linkage in the Dodge. Don't feel like Dying anytime soon!!

28. XXL__

XXL__

Showed my daughter how to change the oil on one of my hoopteys. Fifteen minutes, including cleanup... so now it's time for a nap.

29. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ugh been working 3pm to 3am last 2 nites got up had breakfast did the crossword and went back to work for 3-11

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

changed the oil, adjusted the parking brake, checked the trans fluid level (ATF in a 5 speed?) and gave it all the once over while up in the air on my lift... put air in the spare and checked to see if the trailer hitch my brother gave me will work with the truck. all on my not HAMB friendly GMC Sonoma.

semi HAMB friendly I got my 14x7 60's American 5 spokes down off the shelf and fitted them to my 1993 GMC Sonoma to see if they clear the disc brakes. hopefully I will get the wheels cleaned up and new tires on before the tires on my Sonoma pop from old age. got 2 leakers and one with a screw in it.

drove my 61 Dodge to the parts store. I'm so sick of that 3 speed column shift I hardly drive it anymore. what makes it even worse is the 3.00 (+-) gears I put in that replaced 3.90's that were in it. it's like starting off in second gear.