Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. tjkas1

tjkas1

Drove 2 1/2 hours to look at a "great" 383 stroker, "A real Stump Puller".... Only to find out it was a POS, that was junked together from scrap laying around this guys shop. He couldn't even tell the difference between a 2 bolt and a 4 bolt main. Did he not think I would open her up to check it out??? If I'd known we weren't gonna bring anything home, we could have at least taken the scooter out for a putt. Oh well, nice day for a drive.

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Oh yeah, and I got some metal shit in my eye, so I spent the afternoon in the ER. I must wear my goggles. I must wear my goggles. I must......:eek:

3. relocated the rear mounts for some hairpins=cut/grind/re-weld. did mock up. made margaritas..... 70 today here...... At least I got something done,but instead of posting,I should be out in the shop!:rolleyes:

4. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

moved the henry out so i could do some cleaning...i couldnt take the grinding dust any longer.

Attached Files:

5. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Studied for my C Well certification test coming up.

6. 55delray

55delray
    from Florida

cut the dash out of my hiboy so I could reinforce crap welding done by previous owner. Doesn't anybody think about the possibility that someone one day might lay on their back and look under the dash?

7. Bigjake

Bigjake

I cut and hauled wood all day for my Grandad.

8. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Finshed making my door hinge on my Model A coupe! Did some body work on 29 grill shell and headlights for a sedan I'm working on.

9. das858

das858

I got pumped up for the swap meet tomorrow in Lincoln, Ne.

10. Bart78

Bart78

Gave my dog a much needed hair cut. He was getting pretty ugly.

11. straight-shot

straight-shot
    from Custer, SD

Stripped a 1960 f100 for parts for my model A build!

12. Egghead

Egghead

Disassembeled(is that a word?) my three piece hood on the 39 Chevy. Still trying to get ever thing lined up. Pain in the a--!(And showed off my big red eye from welders flash)

13. it was a good day, I finished installing a my narrowed Crown Victoria front end in my 65 f100 and got it back on its wheels!

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sloooooowly walked my 92 year old buddy Don the length of his condo, got him safely to the bathroom and back a few times, made him some pancakes and bacon, and we watched Wheel of Fortune. Exciting stuff...lol.

Don might be old, but he's not dead yet. When Vanna comes on, he usually says, "Vanna's got a nice chin...the kind you can rest your balls on." :eek: :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  15. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Worked 10 hours overtime at the Chevron refinery in Richmond, Calif.

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I made myself a drive shaft and got new U-joint for it too from NAPA #430,its a mustang GT rear that takes 1.125in. caps and my 57 ford hotrod shaft takes 1.063in. caps[ NAPA #430] works great

Attached Files:

17. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Drove to the parts house . Picked up a rear brake hose for the old 58. Then went back the 2nd time to get the right one. Had some lunch with the family at a local pizza joint. Worked on the rear suspension on the 58, then noticed an oil leak. So I drank beer the rest of the day

18. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

That last part is just plain funny! Hilarious !!!

19. I got to fix my neighbors garage door. My Lab/pit dog got accidentally locked in there and tried to chew her way out. Did a darn good job of it too.....:eek:

20. slobroy

slobroy

Installed kingpin bushings on the '32...

21. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Went to a local indoor show and was harassed all day for being a co-promotor in an other upcoming indoor show.Other than that I had fun

22. trollst

trollst

Big day for me, both good and not....I welded in the floors and the firewall behind the seat in my coupe, big job, then went to help a neighbour lady move some stuff out of her house, splitsville for her, she moved her quad outside and when it came time to move it back, I offered. I discovered it had no brakes at all after I plowed into the garage door, taking out a panel doing so. So...the next hour was spent fixing the door, overcoming some embarassment, explaining to her that I have my own quad that I'll race time to time, but mine has brakes.

23. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

Did oil change and replaced trans gasket & filter (th350) on my Dad's '55 chevy panel truck.

24. Finished line bore and hone.
    Ready to cut front and rear seals.

I might just make SpeedWeek.

25. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Put new ignition cables on the '47 59A. Cleaned up a few parts and painted them.

26. pinman 39

pinman 39

I worked on my dash wires in my coupe spent most of the day on it just
    to get pissed at it and the end of the day .I'll try again tomorrow .

27. 283mike

283mike

Found an Edelbrock air cleaner in the local junk yard, covered with grease and crud!! gave the man 2 bucks for it, figured it'd be rusty! cleaned it up when I got home. Only a couple of tiny flaws in the chrome top!! Looks purty good on the Chevelle! wish I could get lucky like that more often, especially on high dollar stuff!

28. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Got half of the hood on my 40 Willys block sanded out. Did a minor fill on the center section to improve the fit of the grill.

29. Spent 13, yes I said 13, hours rebuilding the vent window, cutting weatherstripping, and installing my passenger door window in my 50 dodge. Not one of my proudest moments. It was a huge bitch and its a shame I don't get paid hourly to work on my own stuff.

30. yruhot

yruhot

Continued doing body work on my 1930 model A tudor. Rt rear quarter pane had nasty grove going through it and I knew it would be the most challenging for me the novice body man. Every time I thought I had it looking good I'd prime it guide coat it and start taking it down and found more and more low spots but after about 5 or 6 tried I believed I nailed it. I'm painting it Centari black acrylic black. I was told to get the body work right or I'll be sorry. That made me more determined to keep after it. Will be after it in the morning.Enclosed are a couple of photos if I can get them posted of what I'm up too. YRUHOT.............Doug. ps I also picked up a new hood top which will save me a ton of hours doing body work on the old pieces I have.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      275.5 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      296.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg