Register now to get rid of these ads!

'Quality' of build...yep another one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BarryA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BarryA

BarryA

Couple of pics of a truck just delivered to a friend of mine by a 'professional'
    I am interested to hear any comments....

Attached Files:

2. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

terrible and unsafe.........

3. Maybe someone claiming to be a professional. Was this done in S. Africa?

4. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Was the work done at a school for the blind? Hopefully your buddy didn't spend much on the "build" of the truck, I know I'd be pissed :mad: at the poor workmanship.

5. What kind of "professional"maybe a doctor ,lawyer? Certainly not a car builder or weldor.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Professional ripoff artist?:mad: Please expose the professional so no one here is taken in or at least aware of his quality. A build like this that was turned for pay should be criminal and prosecuted as such.

Frank

7. studeynut

studeynut

Quality? Where? Thats scary.

8. Kume

Kume

So far you (y'all) have rubbished (trashed)- South Africans, the blind, doctors and lawyers - jesus wept!!

perhaps it was just an idiot?

Attached Files:

9. RatPin

RatPin

Professional hack!

10. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

That shock tower is hilarious!!!

11. thats some shit work. its not safe.

12. We sure would not mind knowing where to NOT give hard earned dollars in exchange for that level of craftsmanship! :(

13. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Hey, don't forget bubble gum welding is traditional! Deadly but traditional... JohnnyA

14. BarryA

BarryA

Thanks guys - hilarious sums it up.

And yes, he paid a lot of money. This "builder" was featured on a local hotrod magazine's TV show and it seems that is how he got the work. Of course they probably don't want to know anything now.
    My guy does shopfitting, works with his hands and built a chopper which cleaned up at a national show. But he thought he would be better off getting this done by someone with experience.

Worst is it seems like he is going to go with the "it is all done professionally and was fine when it left my shop" story.......

I really hope he can make right ( not sure how). This ruins it for the owner AND anyone trying to do decent work.

15. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

He should take it to shows and "advertise" for that clown.

"who made your popcorn?" lol

16. In what way is that trashing S Africans? Thats where the op is.

17. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Wow, that is a mess. I hope he is not driving that. I wonder what possible indication the "builder" had that made him think he had the ability to do this kind of work? And charge for it? That shock tower does not match any sort of suspension design I have ever seen. And those welds! My son was welding better than that with about 30 seconds of instruction.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Professional ... as in " Working Girl" ??

Somebody paid money to get screwed .

19. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hubba bubble gum. The few welds that are semi ok are probably done by Braille and still have almost zero penetration and strength , just laid on top. Wouldn't want to meet you coming the other way at 70 mph.

20. Holy shit that is "Profesional" job alright!!, the sad thing about this is that some poor bastard has shelled out his hard earned cash thinking hes getting an expert job done. I wouldn't be happy giving the guy even a box of beers for his time, it looks like Helen Keller was behind the welder, and as for the shock mount, was it designed by his 6 year old kid???

21. slowmotion

slowmotion

I guess he didn't even take a remote glance at the work before handing over any kind of payment? That shit's beyond ridiculous. This is a joke, right?

22. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have often noticed that 'professional' simply means they have learned what they can get away with not doing right.

23. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

The strangest part of it all is that everything is covered with 1/4 inch of grease and cake; so it seems like the thing has been driven for a while with all that design and craftsmanship.

Unless, prob, everything was grease-caked prior to the "mock" and it has no miles on it. In which case, all the popcorn weld kernals and other high level build tech is explained.

I Love that compressed shock with max travel of 1/2 inch and the hefty upper mounting bracket!

Pretty damn professional. Looks good from my house - out here in NY State

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  24. BillyM

BillyM

And the scariest part is that there are probably a lot just like that on the road today!

....but I admire his "outside the box" thinking on both that crazy shock mount, and his ability to recycle the crossmember by reusing the piece he had to notch.............NOT!

25. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

Professional hitman maybe! Out to kill someone.

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Doesn't that place have a TV show now? "Pimping, puking and flip it fast" or something like that? Gary

28. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Profesional courier?

29. mohead1

mohead1

Holy crap :eek:.....hope that wasnt driven in.....bad, real bad.....wonder how much of shite like that is out on the street waiting to come apart and hurt people......lord have mercy

30. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Suddenly, I'm feeling better about my skills. LoL.