Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods History on this hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom.Falcon, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

2. Yeah. If it's still around, it's been badass for a very long time.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I dont know the history but my oh my that is sweet.

4. There was a thread about that car a few years back,,that's about all I can tell you. HRP

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

you gotta love the HAMB---quick info...

6. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

The Kassa Coupe is Bad Ass, and I'm proud to say it was built in Jersey !!!

7. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Car has a long history, and went through several revisions before and after the O/P's photo, some of which, some might say left something to be desired. Iconic car, anyway you slice it.

Attached Files:

9. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

First caught my eye at a Hartford Autorama back in the day and then saw it again at the Saratoga display a couple years ago. To each his own but in my opinion good thing some of those revisions didn't last.

Ed

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah, some might...

Glad to see it got de-Barrised and has a Deuce Grille again.

11. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Wounder if the current owner plans to paint it blue again, since the picture show it unfinished/red, I think out of all its transformations the O/P photo is the BEST, I agree "Perfection".

12. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Oh never mind just reread it and noticed he chromed the grille in 2010...Kinda sucks, still looks good but that Blue was bitchin!

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The original duece grill shell on the car was plated at least as far back as '55.

14. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

There is a complete history (with many photos of the changes over the years) on the Deuces Limited Forum, but you must be logged in to see it.

Here is a copy of some of it.

Notice that it is valued at $8,000 in 1958.
    $8,000.00 in 1958 had the same buying power as $64,676.34 in 2013.
    I think it is probably worth a lot more than that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  15. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Here is how I saw it at Macungie last August

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Cool! Thanks for posting the article. IMO, thats the best version of the car.

17. I sure like its current appearance

18. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

What is that little Badge on the lower Cowl say? What is it for?

19. cakes

cakes

Yeah, it sure has been badass for a long time, I kinda wish it were still in purple paint

20. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Barris badge on the cowl.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, thanks alot George.:rolleyes::p[​IMG]

22. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

One of Kassa's friends has posted quite a bit on here somewhere. A simple search should turn up a ton of info. It has been many many colors over the years. However, with all the body mods made in the 60s I think the cyclops grill fits it best. I saw it in the late 90s at LeadEast parked with the unrestored (bb Mopar powered) Chilli Catallo (Beach Boys cover) coupe.
    Say what you may about the car, it has survived time and was probably the biggest custom rod on the east coast back in its day. The car was restored by the original owner and many of his buddies using as much original parts as possible. The car is too cool for sure.
    Even if you dont love every mod made to it, try to appreciate the work and the fact that it has survived and is still owned by Kassa (as far as I know).
    I dig it!

23. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

24. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Not sure... I think it is some sort of a Concours show badge.

25. Really?? Seriously is that what you think it is? or are you saying that as a joke?

To be clear the badge is a Barris Crest.

26. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Amen..

Attached Files:

27. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Oh, where is Big Al Lieberman on this? He knows everything about this car.:D

28. The Barris Crests were added back in 1963 when George Barris built the "Cyclops" grille shell and radiator for the car along with some other body mods. The reason the car was re-done in red is because that was it's first configuration when it was best known as "The Ruby Rod".
    I personally loved the blue, when the car was known as "The Jersey Gem".
    It was also, at one time; pink, brown and purple (not at the same time,ha) as it went through many transitions over the years.
    When the car was re-done back in the 1990s by members of The Meadowlands Street Rods, it was decided, by Andy, that it had to be back in Ruby Rod colors.
    Many members of the club, myself included, knew this car, and Andy, when we were kids, and Andy, and the coupe were a legends to us.
    Much of the chrome on the car,as well as the interior and the Astro Supremes, are original back to the early '60s.
    Many years of neglect resulted in lots of body work repairs. It was repainted and mechanically gone over, but much of the car is untouched since 1963.
    The "Cyclops" grille shell, a left-over from the brief " asymmetrical period", was replaced in recent years, brig the car back to the pre-1963 configuration. I was never a big fan of the "Cycolps" look, which used a Citreone headlight.
    Andy's '57 T-Bird tow car was always painted to match the coupe. It also carried the Citreone headlight off to one side in it's last up-date back in '63.
    Andy passed away 2 years after the car was refinished. He enjoyed taking it to shows again. He didn't realize how well-known the car still was.

29. BLAKE

BLAKE

Beautiful car... pic from Jalopyrama 2011.

[​IMG]