Register now to get rid of these ads!

flat glass help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Feb 24, 2013.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Soon enough, I will be needing to do the flat glass in my Dodge. It's just like a Model A. Understand that I currently have NO internal window works. Years ago, I remember Joe Sulpy, a guy I used to work for, talking about how in the Seventies he used to use old Beetle internals for window cranks (up-down). This sound familiar to anyone? Anybody scalp mechanics from another car that work easy , are easy to modify and install fairly easily? I know there must be companies that sell kits, but I am looking for something simple and that I can either pick up at a u-pic or order on Sleabay new.

Pork

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I've got a pile of old Beetle doors out in the barn, left over from the dune buggy days in the seventies. Want me to see if there is anything left of them? How many would you need?

3. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

That's just it, Rusty, I don't know if they actually work or how he was using them. I just remember hearing him talk about the internals of a Beetle for window mechanisms.

Thanks for suggesting to look, but to be honest, I don't even know what the heck is in them. I was hoping someone might bite or add to this post with examples, whether they be Beetle or any other car that they hacked up to make work in a straight glass set up.

Pork

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

hey Rusty, those old beetle doors could be worth $100 apiece.

5. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Alright! Pick up some coin, Rusty. Maybe a deal has been made from this post.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You can have them for $50 apiece. I've got about 20 of them, all stored inside for the last 30 years.

7. I used old vw window crank assy on my plymouth.these things are great .no window tracks needed.10 bucks a piece used.

8. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Please do explain how taht works? No tracks needed. I don't understand. No... seriously... I don't.
    Pork