Register now to get rid of these ads!

Non power masters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Feb 21, 2013.

1. trollst

trollst

I'm at the stage of building my brake pedal assembly for my 28 chrysler coupe, I need a non power disc drum master, I can't remember what will work. Under the floor set up, using a 28 plymouth pedal, ratio is about 8 to 1, I believe I used an early eighties gm pickup master in my T but that was twenty years ago. I'm sure the lines can come out either side, no issues there.
    Can anyone here recommend a master cylinder that works for them? I want to use a production item, I live in a little town in British Columbia, I want to be able to source the parts locally. Thanks.

2. gwarren007

gwarren007

3. trollst

trollst

I just looked at one, got the big plastic tank on it, too big under the floor.

4. Pintojoe80

Pintojoe80

I would try to find a '69-'70 Mustang master cylinder

5. trollst

trollst

Ford parts on my chrysler? Sacriledge! Thanks, I'll check tomorrow at my parts store. Anyone else care to chime in? I could use some more ideas, else, ford parts it is.
    See it at www.trolls.quack.net
    Thanks pinto joe, and jrblack.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

We always used Camaro and Mustang M/cyls but I'd bet if you look around at the Darts and such you can find a non power Chrysler disc/drum M/cyl that will work just fine. I used every factory brake part from a 71 Camaro for my first 34 Ford P/U... Calipers, rear end, M/cyl, distribution block etc. Only the location and brake lines were changed. It has always worked for me.

7. BobMcD

BobMcD

I am using a 70 Mustang master with a TCI pedal setup.

8. lht

lht

early amc mc lines come out oposite side

9. trollst

trollst

Orderd a new master, its $43, here, not rebuilt, early 80's chev full size pickup, 1 inch bore, deep piston hole for pushrod, thanks to all of you for the info.

10. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Late 70's early 80's ford van master cylinders work well. Its what I use.

11. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Sacrilege ? Ok, I'm guilty, for using a Corvette m/cyl for my 40 Ford........ We won't tell, if you do use a Ford item.........

4TTRUK

12. I've used so many 74 Maverick versions the parts store thinks I have 20 Mavericks hiding somewhere.