Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from QLD, Aus

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lydiamarie92, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Lydiamarie92

Lydiamarie92
    from Toowoomba

Hi there everyone :)

my names lydia and i've been guided to this site for a bit of help,

I'm in the market for a coupe or roadster body so that i can turn it into a menacing rat rod :D

if anyone knows of any being sold i would love to hear about it, either in qld, nsw or vic.

2. edfueler

edfueler

Hey there, Lydia. Ed, here from Canberra. Glad you joined the Hamb. There's a plethora of knowledgable people on here, loads of Australians amonst them, and the classifieds are great..Being a traditional rod site, folks here get rather worried when you use the rat word.. There's a li'l heads up for you. ..but if you're thinking of a really traditional flavour, you've come to the right place. If you want to start with something minimal like a cowl and chassis rails, Dave Waight, of Old tin fords, in Victoria always has something kicking around but also gets some good complete bodies sometimes. The seller "meandeagan" on ebay brings a lot of good bodies in, too.

3. Welcome Lydia, lots of us aussies on here.

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

G'Day from another Aussie. I would suggest you avoid that term here for those filthy animals. Toowoomba ! Surely you have a couple of good Rod shops / Work shops in that location that can help you.

5. Welcome Lydia, there are no r*trods on this site, perhaps a traditional hot rod is what you are interested in. The r*trod is a dangerous cobbleed together collection of parts from an someones scrap pile and is insulting to the traditional hot rod hobby so many skilled designers, fabricators, mechanics, gear heads, etc strive to keep alive.

6. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Welcome and good luck with the hunt for your next toy

7. my55f100

my55f100
    from Utah, USA

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun! Welcome!

8. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

welcome from Dallas Texas.

9. 80WTI

80WTI

hi lydia, you just mist toowoomba swapmeet there where a heep of old a models and other projects their. I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya

10. Smokey2

Smokey2

hi lydia and welcome.........

but first, you need to introduce yourself :D

11. ccrodder

ccrodder

Welcome Lydia...

12. Lil32

Lil32

welcome, have you made contact with Warren at Tw'ba Rod and Custom.