Register now to get rid of these ads!

New From San Antonio

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 60plancha, Feb 16, 2013.

1. 60plancha

60plancha
    from Texas

Hey all,
    New to the forum and looking forward to learning as much as possible from you all. I've spent most of my life with grease under my fingernails and always sport the best cologne; Eu de gasoline with a hint of burnt tranny fluid.

I've used my mitts for most of my life professionally but got away from it when it stopped being fun. Nowadays, I wrench, beat, grind, and weld stuff as therapy (keeps me from throat-punching people at work). Likewise, I've tried many different flavors of machinery.

I was a Flight Line Mech, Plane Capt., and First Mech. in the Marines (HMH-463 CH-53D/E heavy-lift helicopters). Then did my time as a dealership technician (Glendale Lexus CA). From there I moved to Florida where I drove a wrecker and did my fair share of midnight tows, repos, impounds, off-road recoveries, and accident response. After that came Texas where I got into outfitting hunting and expedition vehicles (suspension work, exo-cages, lighting, winches, top-drives, etc.) Then came the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I was a factory tech for Toyota Motor Manufacturing TX, then a trainer, then a Production Manager. My soul was sucked out of my body. I went to another industry altogether and I'm now a Plant Manager for Airgas (welding, medical, food, and specialty gases. welding supplies too).

Over the years, I've had many different rides and they've changed as my interests changed. Bagged, blocked, raised, long-travel, and just about everything in between
    trucks; 60's American sleds, VW's of all flavors (still have some), European stuff (BMW, Jag, Land Rover, etc.), Japanese (Datsun, Acura, old Toyota, etc).

Now I've come full circle and ready to have some serious fun again. I've been hoarding an all-original one-owner 36k mile 1960 Olds Fiesta Wagon for the past 8 years. (I'm a sucker for long wide bodies with long roofs). I'd like to lay it on its chubby ass proper. Of course it will need a classic set of 60's gangster shoes to go with it. (wide whites, chrome reverse, spider caps? Or caddy caps... Don't know yet.)

I will certainly need and invite all of your collective experience, know-how, and resources. Looking forward to hearing your advice and opinions.

Ps: sorry for lng read but you asked for thorough intro!

2. my50chevy

my50chevy

welcome plancha

from idaho

3. Plancha, welcome from Kansas City

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Welcome to the HAMB, great intro. Sounds like you finally saw the light and know what kind of cars to build now. Love the long roofs to, how bout showing us some pictures of it?

5. blue57ford

blue57ford

Welcome from down 35 in Laredo.

6. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Semper Fi. Ive spent many days on the toyota plant roof, hotter than Hell, Colder than the South Pole. Welcome aboard neighbor!

7. welcome from the coast of SC

8. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Weclome to the hamb....vicks.utm

9. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Welcome man, from SA-town as well. 210. Near Helotes.